Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Harvey Offline OP
OP Offline
Forgive me for letting off a little steam here; however, from the way I've been treated by the Government of Belize and its officials, I believe I've earned this right.

I came to Belize after purchasing a parcel of property near Belmopan on 1 August 2008 and brought with me a 30' motor home and a Chevrolet truck. I resided in the motor home and used the pickup for my transportation and work vehicle. They were both insured in Belize. When entering the country, I paid the required Import Deposit of more than $6,000.00 US dollars and was advised when the vehicles departed the country this deposit would be returned. One week prior to my having to depart Belize to return to the US for urgent medical care, the motor home burned to the ground, so to speak. The Belmopan Police Department under the direction of Superintendent Guzman, along with fire officials invstigated this fire. I told them I must leave several days before the day I had to go. After I leave, I find that they suddenly decided the fire to my motor home was 'Arson' and decided that I should be arrested and charged with a crime. Well, to make a long story shorter, I am in the United States, the Belmopan Police went to my property and took all of my personal property which was stored in my house there. They said they found some that was listed as burned so I must have committed a crime. Well, I had duplicate property of several things so this was foolish of them. I believe they only wanted to steal these items for their own personal use. This Superintendent Guzman refuses to answer my e-mails, telephone calls and regular mails. The Belize Government refused to refund my Deposited $6,000.00. So, I highly advise any and all persons wanting to go to Belize with personal property not to do it because the officials there will find some means to steal it. This government refuses to communicate with anybody unless you are knocking personally on their desktop. You will be cheated.

Harvey Wood
E
E
THSK T FK pOOR Harvey

I quoted you Harvey, deleted some of the decoration and this is what I read:
Originally Posted by Harvey
I resided in the motor home and used the pickup for my transportation and work vehicle.
They were both insured in Belize.
When entering the country, I paid the required Import Deposit of more than $6,000.00 US dollars
was advised when the vehicles departed the country this deposit would be returned.
One week prior to my having to depart Belize to return to the US for urgent medical care, the motor home burned to the ground
I told them I must leave several days before the day I had to go
the fire to my motor home was 'Arson' and decided that I should be arrested and charged with a crime.
I am in the United States
the Belmopan Police went to my property
they found some that was listed as burned
I had duplicate property of several things
This Superintendent Guzman refuses to answer my e-mails, telephone calls and regular mails
The Belize Government refused to refund my Deposited $6,000.00

I know Guzman personally from when he was from San Pedro and actually saw him recently in Belmopan. I have seen him working and more than know how his dedication. When you come back here and are innocent, you don't have anything to fear from him, he will help you out, I'm a thousand percent convinced.

Live and let live
geez, harvey - so sorry. i know how much you were looking forward to life in belize. good luck.

Harvey Offline OP
OP Offline
You know, Ernie, with 'supporters' such as yourself, I don't really need the government of Belize to give me a rough time. Thanks.

Harvey Wood
E
E
Any time, friend.

Harvey Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't take to certain character types calling me 'friend' loosely and prefer that you keep such utterances to yourself. One day, perhaps, we'll meet face to face and then you might consider calling me something else or suffer the consequences.

Harvey Wood
The duty part sounds pretty straightforward - you paid when you brought it in and you were to get your money back when you took it out.
You didn't take it out, ergo you don't get your money back.
That does not strike me as the least bit hinky on the part of Customs.

Doubtful that there is any provision (anywhere) for a duty refund if the goods are damaged. That part of the problem belongs to the insurance company not the customs department.

Drive out - get deposit money from customs
Burn up - get money from insurance company

Seems that would be the case anywhere.

About your problems with police, no judgements on that - sorry you are having problems!

E
E
My, my Harvey, was that a threat ?

B
B
Hmm!!!
Curious? No?
This guy is about one hiccup away from the dead zone.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.