Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#33157 01/10/01 09:30 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Can anbody out there tell me about Blackbird Resort? Want to go in Feb. only snorkel for now but would like to learn scuba. Also has anyone heard of Fantasy Island, Honduras, any good. Any help would be appreciated? Frozen here on the north coast of Ohio. Thanks,

#33158 01/12/01 10:06 AM
I don't know about the specific places you mentioned, but I can offer some general advice for learning to scuba.
The best use of your time is to take a scuba class at home and then if the water is too cold, do your check-out dives with a PADI certified dive shop at your destination. Then you will be a fully certified Open Water diver. If you opt for the resort course, you will be able to dive but why not get certified so you won't be restricted each time you dive?
I got certified in a quarry in your state (Gilboa). It was cold and convinced me to skip Great Lakes diving, but I got my C-Card. My friend who came to AC with me did the resort course. She had a great time, but she wishes she had had the time to take the class before she got there. It was all a little overwhelming.
Whatever you decide, I highly recommend the Amigos Del Mar dive shop. They do a great job and have an excellent reputation among divers.
Have a great trip!

#33159 01/14/01 10:47 PM
B
B
for starters here's the resorts website http://www.blackbirdresort.com
Your best bet is to get intouch with them directly and have them tell you exactly what can and cannot happen within a week.
Mamaliz gave you excellent advise try to do your paper work at home it will save you precious days. instead of reading you can be enjoying the ocean. Be warned this island has a nice population of crocs so midnight skinny dipping. go enjoy belize man:-)

#33160 01/15/01 04:34 PM
M
OP Offline
M
THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION ON BLACKBIRD FROM BOTH OF THOSE WHO RESPONDED. WORKING ON TRYING TO LINE UP SOME KIND OF AIRFARE. ALSO THANKS FOR THE TIP ON THE CROC'S, DO THEY MAKE A REPELLANT FOR THAT HA HA.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.