Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
Hi Everyone, I am new here and will be in Belize in less than 2 weeks. We are there for 8 nights, and the first 3 nights I have reservations at a jungle lodge. I'm thinking about canceling the reservations and just heading straight to Ambergris for the entire 8 nights. Considering the bugs and heat in the jungle, the cost of transfers and tours, and I'm just kind of in need of some relaxing beach and snorkel time, has me thinking about changing our plans. What do you recommend, is the jungle something that is really worth seeing? Thanks for any advice!

Last edited by Hibiscus81; 04/12/09 10:35 PM.
There is more to Belize than AC . .but, if it were my first trip . .I would head for the island.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
C
C
funny, it was our 8th trip to Belize before we went to AC!!
But we are partial to Placencia area and Cayo. I really like the jungle, but it definitely isn't everyones cup of tea.

S
S
Sounds like you already decided you want sun and sea so I suggest you go to AC and just take a day trip to Cayo

Island Club Resorts
www.islandclubresorts.com
Originally Posted by KC Jayhawk
There is more to Belize than AC . .but, if it were my first trip . .I would head for the island.

...says the guy who never saw cayo! (kc - u know i love you!)

seriously, no one else took the other side, so i will (a bad habit).

i did the surf & turf my first trip, and loved it. i love cayo, and over the years returned twice more. but as stated, it isnt for everyone.

in my opinion, it is worth it if you have a few tours planned (xunantunich, rio frio, atm....and so forth). ps - while the jungle has a lot of insects, it does NOT (in my 3 trips) really have mosquitoes.

when i go, i plan it the same way - 3 nites jungle first, then 5 nights relaxing by the reef.

to each his own, just giving the other view. either way you decide, you will have a great trip!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.