Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
J
Originally Posted by KristieLove
Do you know how far this resort is from the heart of the city?
Kristie, it's a healthy bike ride, about 5 or 6 miles to the heart of San Pedro. It's a little less than a mile past Captain Morgan's Retreat.

Belizean Shores has a huge pool with a swim-up bar, and talking to Tanya (the bartender), she says that Coco Beach's pool/bar is much larger. She works at both locations, and although I haven't checked out Coco Beach yet, that's on my list of stops to spend a day at their pool. I'll let you know my findings smile

Last edited by jO3Design; 04/12/09 05:11 PM.
K
OP Offline
K
Thanks for all the info. Some other questions, what are the average prices for the following activities:

Snorkeling
Cave tubing
Mayan Ruins
Rainforest tour

I am sorry to have to contradict you, jO3Design, but Coco Beach is between Captain Morgan's and Belizean shores; Captain Morgan's is about 3 miles and Belizean Shores is less than 3.5 miles north from the center of San Pedro, so my guess would be three and a quarter mile - see this useful page that Marty made (scroll down for the exact mileage from Central Park): //ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/mapdowntowndetail.html
Originally Posted by jO3Design
Kristie, it's a healthy bike ride, about 5 or 6 miles to the heart of San Pedro. It's a little less than a mile past Captain Morgan's Retreat.

Live and let live
Short #332857 04/13/09 09:04 PM
K
OP Offline
K
If any of you go by there, can you see if they have wifi. The information that they sent me said they don't have it yet.. However, the reservations staff says that they do and that the file they sent me is outdated. I need to know. Also, do some of the restaurants around there have free wifi?

Originally Posted by KristieLove
If any of you go by there, can you see if they have wifi. The information that they sent me said they don't have it yet.. However, the reservations staff says that they do and that the file they sent me is outdated. I need to know. Also, do some of the restaurants around there have free wifi?

They have in-room wired internet and phones. Wifi is coming soon.

Last edited by Caye Connect; 04/14/09 01:19 AM.
Hi Kristie-
Prices for all the tours you mention are found, along with lots more ideas, on the web - google the subjects and they will appear.
Better to get it from the tour operators who have the current info.
BonVoyage and have a WONDERFUL stay at Coco Beach.

3.7569 miles north

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
Their website says 3.5 miles north of town. http://cocobeachbelize.com/

Did you check trip advisor for reviews? Saw a trip report yesterday where someone mentioned they just wrote a review after staying there.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Aside from this thread being from last year - Coco Beach is now 90% complete and probably in the top 3 resorts on the Caye. Restaurant should be open shortly if not already - but you can order from Upper Deck Grill at Belizean Shores and they'll deliver to your room or pool area. Full service tour shop also at Belizean shores and in addition to free in-room internet and phones - they have free wifi around the pool area.

A recent guest's photo set from Flickr showing lots of pics on the room and grounds:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/foreverblended/sets/72157623056363069/

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.