Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
The high school players, coach, teachers and parents will be meeting on the 20th to disuss the exchange trip that has been planned for the U.S. for over a year now.
Since some of the kids lost their homes during Hurricane Keith and businesses there are less able to help now, some or all of the team will not be able to go now unless some help is received.
Please consider getting a bit involved with this project and/or helping them find the best airfares to the U.S.
Any other help would be greatly appreciated.
Contact the principal Angel Nunez
or
Coach/Teacher Emil Vasquez: email address
[email protected]

San Pedro High School's website //www.ambergriscaye.com/highschool/index.html

Pete Hauschner
Teacher / Coach
Nelson County High School
Hi,
Our family would be happy to send a bit of cash to help out. I can't find your e-mail to speak direct, but I know you have been here on the board a bit. I also know the kids would love it.
You should probably do a fundraiser at your school if you haven't already. Then maybe do one on the board, if Marty would allow, so people, (SOMEONE) maybe a regular from the board could also attend your outing and rave. Keep it going..... Spirits of children should not be crushed.
Sincerely,
Hope
e-mail at [email protected]

E
Edd Offline
E
Please post info about the proposed trip. I'd be happy to make a pitch to our local soccer association.

Hey coach--
We have one more shipment coming down from the relief effort and we have alot of supplies for the schools and about 12-15 soccer balls, brand new coming.. I have to call Hon. Patty to get them thru but you should have them in 2 weeks.. Please let us know if this will work... Thanks, Rick and Cheri

E
Edd Offline
E
Pete,
I need specifics. How many kids need airfare? What else is needed? I think the local youth soccer associations would find this a worthwiile project, but we need to know exactly what is needed. Rick, if I get on board for this project, will you work on this in your area?
Edd

F
F
You bet, just let me know!!!! Rick

Mr. Pete apparently lives in Virginia, I don't think he checks the board often. Maybe Marty can get his e-mail and send him a message that some people have finally responded and want to help the kids out.
If not we need to get in touch with San Pedro High School and go from there.
Anyone ?
Sincerely,
Hope

will do....

M
OP Offline
M
What a welcome response!
I have a fund-raising letter that would include a lot of information needed if you would like me to send it to you as an attachment.
Also, I included the teacher/coach's email in the above request for help.
My address is hauschner@earthlink.net

I would be happy to help in any way. I will post the "Fund-raising letter" in the next reply. I sent Marty a list of 6 names that needed full help. I'm sure Emil Vasquez would be willing to write anyone interested in helping if you wrote him with questions.
We have already sent some goods, and when they come up here in March, they will go back with a lot more.

Emil Vasquez (Teacher/coach at San Pedro High School: emil_v@hotmail.com

Thanks for your interest. Most of these boys are not from rich families, and although they live on "Temptation Island," a trip to the U.S. is the experience of a lifetime for most of them. For many reasons, there doesn't seem to be much help for these kids when it gets right down to the nitty-gritty.

Again, thanks for any help you can provide, and I think it would be best to go through Emil and the high school on the island, if at all possible.

Pete

Pete Hauschner
Teacher / Coach
M
OP Offline
M
Here's the fund-raising letter we sent out quite a while ago. Ignore anything about helping Nelson. We are taking care of our group here. Also, a lot of the expenses that we are paying, like shots, etc. should not be included on their side. Plane fare for groups now is at about $550 to our place, including taxes.
If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Pete

Nelson County High School, Virginia USA
San Pedro High School - Belize CA - San Ignacio
Soccer and Cultural Exchange Program

11/3/2000

To Whom It May Concern;
I am writing to your organization to request financial assistance to help students from San Pedro High School, Belize Central America; and Nelson County High School, Virginia USA complete a soccer and cultural exchange program during the Easter holidays of April 2001. Students from both high schools will need some sort of financial assistance to complete this venture.
I sincerely hope that your organization can assist in this endeavor.
Participants in the 2001 exchange will:
� Participate in an educational and sport exchange program with Nelson County High School, Virginia; and San Pedro & San Ignacio High Schools, Belize C.A.
� Live in each other's family housing while traveling
� Participate in interscholastic soccer competition
� Visit the cultural and historical landmarks of each region
As a donator to this program, there are a number of benefits that we may afford your organization during the program:
� Exchange a tee-shirt with players after a match with your organization's logo or give them out at the match
� Display your logo on the team jersey
� Present gifts from your organization to sport fans in the audience
� Thank your organization during band concerts and announcements during the matches
� Display your organization's logo in all programs that are given out during the tour
The students involved in this program have a number of benefits that they will take home with them after the program: They will
� Learn to appreciate another country's customs and lifestyles
� Make lasting friendships with families from another country
� Learn the benefits of sports in establishing positive relationships between countries of the world
� Experience the historical and cultural backgrounds of each country first hand

The estimated cost of each traveler is as follows:
Line Item Amount (USD)
Travel: Airfare Economy Class $800 (Flights and ground transportation)
Hotel stay at beginning and end of each trip $150
Daily Expenses & Travel Insurance $500
Uniform $70
Passport and Entry/Exit fees $80
Immunizations & medications $60

TOTAL per participant $1660
Thank you very much for considering this request. We look forward to hearing from you. If you would like additional information on the Nelson / San Pedro Cultural Sport Exchange, please contact one of the listed personnel at the bottom of this letter.
Sincerely,

Nelson: Pete Hauschner
Soccer Coach / Teacher; Nelson County High School USA
Email: hauschner@earthlink.net Phone: (804) 277-5215 Fax: (603) 994-3579
Nelson County High School's Web Page: http://www.nextfrontier.net/nelson/page4.html

Emil Vasquez
Soccer Coach / Teacher; San Pedro High School - Belize, CA
emil_v@hotmail.com
San Pedro High School's Web Page: //www.ambergriscaye.com/highschool/

[This message has been edited by Mr. Pete (edited 01-17-2001).]

Pete Hauschner
Teacher / Coach
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 285 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.