Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
C
C
Ok Big Mike, but am I supposed to listen to you, a guy who once wrote someone owns the dog, or to a vet, a person who works at the conch shell, and a quite a few others who had other things to say about the owners.....

Why did no one go and ask for her at SAGA? Not even one phone call to ask her whereabouts? I would have! How come they have never had her shots? Or given her worm medicine? Doesn't sound to me like she has owners at all.....

Last edited by canukgirl; 04/14/09 10:14 PM.
C
C
That's the last time I will post. Maybe I'm wrong, but I was just trying to help a dog out, not be some big bad mean person.....they could have called me.

B
B
ok first....i am so glad you took care of "snowball"...thats what we called her when she addopted us...this dog deserves love and care...and i think she only gets it from those she addopts...i only regret that we didnt take her home when we were there....but we couldnt do that to our dog...marley...who was sick and now we have lost....we loved snowball and she loved us back...so our hearts are broken with yours canucks...was looking forward to seeing her in her new home....i just hope enough people will adopt her as we did...and get her to the vet as we should have to make sure she is ok and has all her meds...maybe we can keep this thread going so all know how she is doing and what she needs...then there is no ownership isssues..just a bunch of people loveing a dog laugh

butch and shannon
SAGA has many dogs needing adoption---not taking sides guys, just hoping all you good people who want to help deserving dogs might open your hearts to one of the dogs there.They have a multitude of cats too.

JZB Offline
I agree with Natalie. It seems this dog Playa/Bianca has many owners. There are dozens of dogs on this island with NO owners.
Check out Saga's pet of the week for the latest heartbreaking story: http://www.sagahumanesociety.org/

I applaud all of your efforts canukgirl and the great pains you did take to try to find out if the dog had owners that want her and would care for her - I think it is BS when people say that the dog is theirs but then don't want to do what is necessary to keep the animal safe (and other people and pets safe from the animal if it's required), healthy and fed. I have had to make little interventions many times like stopping to give a dog water and nicely bring to owner's attention the dog's plight to keep it from dying of heat exhaustion because it was chained in full sunlight on a porch, or to free a dog that was nearly hanging itself from a short chain and had fallen off a porch so it did not have to sleep in its own crap, and stuff like that. Not to mention dogs left for days without food and water, chained or not. It's like some people want the joy of ownership but not the responsibility; and in this case it's especially important since dogs roaming freely that are not spayed/neutered make lots more dogs, more than the island can sustain or tolerate (hence the threat of dog poisoning and the stray dog round up for euthanization that had to take place to head it off). I make a note of the fact that from what I understand the people calling for the latest dog poisoning by making complaints to the Health Officer were local (native) residents, so clearly the "it's their country leave them alone and let their dogs roam" notion is not agreeable to all people who were born here. If you have kids and don't take proper care of them, what happens to them?

Keepin'ItReel FishingTours&More AlbertoTrejo 6255373
6709986 reelitinbelize@yahoo.com
Originally Posted by natalie p
SAGA has many dogs needing adoption---not taking sides guys, just hoping all you good people who want to help deserving dogs might open your hearts to one of the dogs there.They have a multitude of cats too.

Very well said. This thread alone suggests that several of your animals will be heading to a new home soon if people mean what they have said. Keep us posted.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
Originally Posted by skippy
It's their country. Leave them, and their dogs, alone.

now there's a classic!
your sure they were not Guatemalan? or Honduran?

As usual you make no sense. Try again, if you even have a point.

Anyway, it gives me a chance to note again the post above about SAGA having dogs that need homes and for the posters to this thread to act on their strong feelings.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
N
N
Originally Posted by H20dog

(1) Dogs don't buy drinks. === TRUE
(2) It's a bar not a kennel === THAT DEPENDS ON YOUR POINT OF VIEW
(3) the patrons don't sh*t in the ocean === SOMETIMES
(4) The patrons don't shake off next to their neighbor === TOSSING THEIR COOKIES AT THIMES THOUGH
(5) The patrons don't sniff my a55.=== MUST NOT BE CUTE ENOUGH
As I said...better masters make better dogs, and I think you've noticed that I do leave when it starts looking like the front porch of the coon hunters house!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never had a pot licker not go away when I told it to. They will come up and look at you like "Got anyting on that plate you don't want lady?". If you tell it to go away or just ignore them they will 99% of the time just go lay down where they can keep a eye on you. More that I can say for some people. wink

Last edited by Nancy1340; 04/16/09 07:53 AM.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.