Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
i started writing one, then stopped. does anyone still read these?

I was about to but got cut short ha ha

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

grin

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
B
B
Everyone reads them.

Jane, do you mean trip reports in general, or your trip reports? laugh (running away)

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
OP Offline
geez, guys - with friends like you.... grin heart

OP Offline
to be posted in segments:

March 09 -

It was 25* at 3am when we left the house. Bruce had a tough winter. This was intended as an R & R trip. No parties. No bars.

The flight through Charlotte was as painless as it gets, and before we knew it we were there.

[Linked Image]

We see the castle cars guy pull up and I get my traditional welcome hug, (what nice young men!) For the first time, we are splitting our stay at 2 different places, and first we head south to Belizean Reef. [Thanks for the recommendation, azbob!]

It is a cute white condo a few lots north of Ramon's. All units are oceanfront, and it is clean and comfortable with the kitchen we require. It has a shared rooftop deck with pretty views, and our ground floor patio offers us lots to look at.

[Linked Image]

We take a quick jaunt into town for basics.

We've now been on-island less than 2 hours. Just then, our friends Daniel & Elodia Nunez drive past, and upon seeing us yelled out the car window "Why don't you just move here already?"!!

The only plans we had made for our entire trip were for that night. We already knew that plans never work for us down there, but I made one anyway. Naturally, we could not get it together, and we bagged our one scheduled event. Bruce wasn't feeling well anyhow, so it was probably just as well.

Chris came by for hellos & hugs, and stayed for the requisite visit & beer. He hung out chatting for a while. Lots of smiles and laughter. He's become a dear friend to both of us.

But we were starving, so we said manana, and headed to find food. We went to 2 places that were closed (it was only 4:40 pm), so somehow ended up at waruguma's sit down place.

[Linked Image]

I was SOOOO tired. We ordered - bruce a big bowl of seafood soup, I got "shrimp's" in coconut sauce. I swear it took nearly an hour to get the food. I was falling asleep on the table. It was both funny and not funny to see them send a kid off to the store to buy coconut milk & tortilla chips for the meal we ordered, but hey - it's Belize, and the food was worth the wait. I perked up, and we ordered a conch ceviche 'to go' for lunch tomorrow. Smiles. Finally, I was starting to feel like I was back.

[Linked Image]

We went back to the condo to shower off the day, stare at the blustery sea, and finally sleep.

Another stunning effort by the small yet diminutive Pennsylvania-based travel author . . this critic anxiously awaits the next installment in what is sure to be another bestseller!! grin

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
I never tire of these!

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
keep 'em coming! love to read the trip reports! gets me thru the times that i'm not there!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 238 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.