Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#333833 04/19/09 07:00 PM
C
C man Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hi. We are coming to AC for the 1st time in July. Got a couple of questions and need a little advice.

Are the bugs any worse in July?

Does anyone have a recommendation on a place to stay? We will be 2-4 families with children (10ish)and not sure whether we should get a beach house or a resort. Looking for something pretty nice.

J
J
I'd check out the lodging link that is at the top of the page. One of your first decisions will be whether you want to be up north, and take water taxis to town, or south of town, where you can rent golf carts or take regular cabs.

I've never been in July, but it's rainy season, I'm guessing there are mosquitos. Not so bad on the beach, it's usually breezy enough to keep them at bay.

Jean left out the fact that you can also stay IN town.

Our favorites so far: Victoria House, Ramon's, The Palms

There are lots of other good options!

Last edited by Belize-N-Us; 04/20/09 08:52 AM.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
If it's not too late to get the place for July, I would recommend The Palms.

There are one and two bedroom condos all but one overlook the ocean. The condos are nicely furnished, well kept, and clean. And if your family travels like my family travels, you will find the kitchen to be a very nice condo addition.

There is a great pool and if you would rather beach it, you are next door to the best beach in San Pedro town (at Ramons). The location makes anywhere in San Pedro town very walkable and yet the noise pollution is virtually non existent.

Prices are reasonable for a condo, though in an effort to save some money for this trip we decided to book elsewhere. The Palms was our first phone call though to check on rates as it has become our favorite place to stay.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 271 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.