Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Hi,
It looks like the only two options to get to Tikal and back from San Pedro is either:
Cheap way: sea taxi - (1 or more) bus trips and back, which they say can take up to 9 hours from San Pedro.

Expensive way: Air (tour or just taking Tropic Air), which should bring the travel time to 1-2 hours (?), but will cost $350-$450 per head.(ouch!).

Is there any other option in between? Can we charter a 5 seater plane ourselves, shouldn't that offer a lower per head cost ?

Make sure you look at all the fees and cost that are included or not included. You are leaving Belize and Guatemala so you will have two departure taxes. see if they are included.

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
just a thought: you could always just do a day trip to lamanai instead (about $120/pp). very cool too, many structures, pyramids, jungle & monkeys, etc, its just not tikal, and you would be back to SP in time for dinner.

for easier logistics, save tikal for another Belize trip, combined with a few days in Cayo (beautiful), which is much closer to the border.

just my opinion.

M
M
Another option is use one of the transfer services or hire a guide with a van. It will be little bit faster than a bus (by not making any stops along the way and being quicker getting through the border), but it will give you more freedom of travel.

This site has contact details for some transfer services:
http://belizebus.wordpress.com/

You can check with a private charter flight company like Javier's Flying Service but in my experience, private flights are usually very expensive. Javier's email address is: [email protected]. His website is www.javiersflyingservice.com. Phone is 501-223-5360

P
P
My favorite Tikal trip: Book at the Tikal Inn, get a driver to take you to the border 150 bze, get Tikal Inn to pick you up at the border 100 usd. You can take 4 people for the same amount, the Tikal Inn is fantastic, the guide helped discover San Bartolo and is a archeologist, the food is amazing.If you plan to stay for 2 nights, you can see alot as the inn is on the site of the ruins.

S
OP Offline
S
thanks for the replies. I guess we will leave Tikal for another time indeed. We will probably do lamanai instead like sweetjane suggested.
BTW, I also contacted javiers flying service, but they said they dont fly to Guatemala... just fyi...

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.