Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#335479 05/01/09 12:35 PM
OP Offline
I was so excited about our first trip to Belize. I was stressing about the flu situation a little bit ... well probably more than a little bit. eek But not as much as my husband. He wants to cancel. He usually gets some type of sickness when we leave the country on a good day. Now I read that there's a good chance of power outages? We're staying at a B&B, which isn't on the beach, and probably no chance of a nice sea breeze. I usually plan our trips without much input from the hubby. His only requirement is air conditioning ... uh oh. Don't know how to break the news on that one to him. shocked

I really don't see too many people on this board stressing about their upcoming trips ... I was just looking for some reassurance ... from somebody ... anybody! Or at least somebody to sympathize with me. grin

Thanks for letting me vent. I need a drink!

Beth

I am so 'sick' with this swine flu I could scream. Stupid media.

Relax, go, have fun! You can thank me when you get back. smile

We are leaving tomorrow to go to AC. Can't wait! As for the Swine Flu, it seems to be more well traveled already then most people. My husband and I are not ill, nor have we been around anyone that is ill, and we are bringing lots of hand sanitizer. I am more concerned with bringing it to Belize then I am getting it there, being from the states I get to come back to unlimited medical aide. I just hope we are welcome as happy healthy visitors and not looked at with fear.

Electricity.....I am going to sit in the sun and sand and relax. Honestly I don't even care if there is ice, more or less ac or tv. Make the best of it! Count your blessings, that always helps!

Have a great trip and come and enjoy the island!

C
C
just don't mention it to him. If there's electricity, then he'll never know the difference. If there isnt' well, tell him it's an adventure!

D
D

Take plenty of CASH. If the juice is out the atm's won't work and merchants are reluctant to take credit cards that can't be verified.

Good tip thanks Danny. We can charge everything to the resort, but it is out and about we will use cash. Just curious what do you consider to be plenty of cash..... I love atm daily limits when it comes to crime yet, hate them when it comes to travel.

we figure we spend an average of $75-100 US a day for the 2 of us, in food and activities. some days more, some less. small places & vendors dont take cards, and you need tip money, etc...

just my opinion. (i should just make that my signature already)

OP Offline
Thanks so much for the comments and suggestions. Good idea - I think I will leave out the part about the power situation. wink

What about traveler's checks. Are they readily accepted? We'll bring cash as well.

Thanks again!

D
D

Don't worry about it, take cash and it will be easier. Quick, easy and meaningful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 288 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.