Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#335824 05/03/09 08:42 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I have planned a trip to san pedro 3 adults and 2 kids 15/17 years old. I was torn between staying at Ramones and Holiday Hotel, both are very different hotels. But $300 price difference. Any advice would be great. I am leaning towards the cheaper place and spend the extra money on tours.

have you looked at the palms?

it's right next door to ramon's, but i'm guessing it might be cheaper. nice condos, nice staff, nice pool, same beach.

http://www.belizepalms.com/

J
J
Or, if you dont' need a pool, BElizean Reef is along that stretch of beach as well and has nice condos.

P
P
The Palms is great, centrally located, private pool, great staff, prefect for the teenagers

#1 Palms
#2 Sun Breeze

Both very close to Ramon's.
Both are priced right.
Both are better than Holiday.

(personal opinion)

We have stayed at Ramon's on 3 seperate trips. It has good food, nice bar, great pool, great pier, good dive shop all on site. This is why you pay the higher price. If you don't want to pay extra for these things then The Palms is priced better but small pool on wrong side of the building, no food, no bar, no pier but all of these are next door. You can't use the nice pool at Ramon's unless staying there and my boys were told they couldn't hang out on Ramon's pier if we weren't guest there on the last trip but this is wrong. The pier is "public access" but who wants to really fight this issue on vacation? Plus my boys are taught not to argue with adults so they just left the pier.

Sun Breeze just down the beach has a decent pool, food, bar all on site also but doesn't have the sit on your porch and see the ocean views that Ramon's (depending on room) and The Palms have.

Just like every thing else in life.....you pretty much get what you pay for.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
I think the Pheonix is doing rate discounts as just-opening promos ...... it's pretty spectacular.

M
OP Offline
M
I was seconds away from throwing down money on the Holiday Hotel, but thanks to the advice on checking out the Palms, I really liked what the rooms looked like, even better then Ramones, and the price is looks good. I'm just waiting for an e-mail back from the palms and then I will reserve. Thanks everyone for the advice it helped.

Consider Banana Beach and Sunbreeze Suites as well, if you haven't already reserved at the Palms. You haven't said if you need kitchen facilities. Have a great vacation.

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
W
W
Not to muddy the waters up too much Coco Beach has a pool to die for and the place is amazing. Very well priced too www.cocobeachbelize.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.