Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#336339 05/07/09 05:06 PM
C
cas Offline OP
OP Offline
C
My two sons and I are scuba divers but my wife is a snorkeler.In a past dive trip she was able to come in the scuba boat and frolic around on the surface to her hearts content--this was at Roatan. She is reluctant to come on a trip to Ambergriscaye as she feels she'll be on a snorkelling boat and we'll be on a dive boat. Has anyone had experience with snorkeller/dive combo on the reef dives and relate their experience. Thanks

cas #336341 05/07/09 05:20 PM
P
P
From AC there are limited opportunities for divers and snorkellers to share a boat. Inside Hol Chan is the principal such venue, Mexico Rocks is another possible.

The Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley trip that dive shops all over the island sell is truly the one location that Divers and Snorkelers can enjoy the same trip together. The trip is two stops.
First stop Hol Chan is a 10 meter dive and great snorkeling, everyone snorkels on the second stop.
10.us park fee paid to the park ranger and most operators charge aprox 40. usd for snorkelers and 60.usd for divers.
Its a 'must do' for visitors to the Island from 5 year olds to grandma a good time.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
elbert #336353 05/07/09 06:45 PM
C
C
I have checked into the blue hole and was told I could go just to snorkel. Wouldn't most dive operators allow someone to only snorkel no matter where the dive was?

Live Laugh Love
colomojo #336354 05/07/09 06:49 PM
Snorkelers are thrilled with the Blue Hole trip! However, they do not take snorkelers (divers only) to Turneffe Elbow. The dive shops must take along an extra crew member if there is just one snorkeler, to stay with the person who is snorkeling. They will do it for the Blue Hole trip but not the other "day" trips.

Different guides are qualified for diving, so you can't "always" snorkel at the same time someone else is diving.

Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley is another spot where dive shops offer a "combo" trip to divers. They snorkel at one stop and dive at another. Generally, a snorkeler can go on these trips as well.

Change your Latitude
shuffles #336358 05/07/09 07:15 PM
P
P
At many dive sites there's no suitable snorkelling within reach. On the BH trip the boat relocates while the divers are down to service the snorkellers. There the two locations are close to each other, but on our barrier reef they're too far apart (allowing for having to traverse the reef) and no operators offer the combined trip.

May I suggest that your wife take the SCUBA resort course? If she is good at snorkeling diving should be easy. Then you can all go together.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.