Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
suecate Offline OP
OP Offline
S
This came from my husbands office as they travel a lot:

Our travel agent has informed me that starting May 15, 2009, the name in the computer reservation record MUST match the ID the traveler plans to use at the airport. Initially, TSA has built in some flexibility with regard to middle initial instead of full name, and prefixes and suffixes. When you make reservations either with our travel agent or online, you should start matching the information so that you don't run into problems. This will also affect frequent flyer accounts - you should change the name on your account to match your identification.

suecate, I always worried about that, at least the middle name issue, since I have not put my middle name on my airline reservations in the past. No problem adding that in when I book. About the issue of FF accounts - I would think that the account is driven off of the account number - not the name, but will certainly contact each airline to confirm.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
C
C
I have a hyphenated last name on my passport (and all my other legal docs) so I have always used that when traveling. I've been dropping my first last name more and more because it's actually kind of a pain in the butt. It sounds like until I legally do it though I should always include it. Thank you for this info.

Live Laugh Love
S
suecate Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I have to check all our stuff to for middle names and my husband is a III on his docs.

It is no big deal to legally change your name - in fact it is easy as long as there is no intent to defraud. It is important to do the following in the order listed.

1. Go to you motor vehicle department and get your name changed on your driver's license.
2. Take the old and new one to your Social Security Administration office and ask to have your name changed in their records.
3. Make many photo copies of these two documents.
4. Take a set to your bank and get new checks with your new name printed on them.
5. Type up a letter stating you are changing your name and ask that it be changed in their records.
6. Every time you pay a bill enclose a copy of the letter and the two documents.
7. Have your personnel/payroll department make the changes.
8. Include documents with your tax returns (which are driven by your SSN)

You do not have to go to court and you do not need an attorney.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
K
K
Harriet: and how do you go about changing your birth certificate? or your marriage license? or your passport?

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
Middle names are not required on tickets, even if they are on your passports. Hyphenated last names are required to show both. Frequent flyer accounts should match the name on the ticket, not necessarily the name on the passport (don't usually have middle names, etc.)

L
L
Barb, that is the information I received from my travel agent as well. Since I always use my middle initial for my signature and it is on all my docs and credit cards, I include that with everything.

Barb, thank you for your expert information. I checked AA's website for an example, and it does not have a spot for your middle name or initial for on-line reservations. Wheww smile

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
K - fish
You don't change your birth or marriage certificates. No body changes them when they get married do they? You change your passport the way you change all the other documents.
All this just goes to show how dumb it is for women to change their names in the first place. Professional women (such as doctors) never do.
Getting married does not change your name. You change it by doing all the steps I listed.
When a woman goes back to her maiden name is when most changes occur.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 149 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.