Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#338317 05/21/09 11:33 AM
K
OP Offline
K
Would we old people (51-60) be wise to go ahead and rent a golf cart for our entire 7 day stay? Looking at Moncho's on-line... we're not lazy, but we are also going on a MUCH-NEEDED vacation, don't want to be hoofing it everywhere. We can just pick our cart up at Moncho's and head down to Coco Beach Resort? Your thoughts and better ideas would be appreciated!

By all means, a very wise move, if you feel like walking you can, but having a cart takes the agony out of a long walk home at the end of a very hot and busy day.

Reality..What a concept!
You can always taxi anywhere you want to go. It would be cheaper to take 4 taxis a day than rent a cart, depending on where you are going.

I would recommend not renting a cart and taking taxi's if needed. If one day you want to explore way past where it would be economical to taxi, then rent a cart for the day.

Of course, it depends where you are staying too. Victoria House might be a way different story than The Palms or Ramons.

first, different strokes and all, lots of people love to walk or bike or taxi around.

second, where are you staying? coco beach is 3+ miles north of town, so where would you 'head down' (as opposed to up) from?

lastly, unlike you, i AM lazy, and fully understand the desire to exert as little effort as possible, and opt to rent a cart for my full stay every time. also, i like the freedom to do whatever, change my mind, just pause & stare at any given moment, pull over for a photo...anything at anytime. just my opinion, but we love having our own cart. plus, it's fun as all heck!!

we've used moncho's or cholo's, but sometimes weren't really satisfied. now i'm, dedicated to CASTLE CARS. they are nice young men who have been great to us, and the price is good. if there is ever a problem, they take care of it. plus, i like the red carts smile email them - they respond quickly:

Email: [email protected]

http://castlecarsbelize.com/index.html

Last edited by sweetjane; 05/21/09 01:46 PM. Reason: i kent spelle
Would we old people (51-60)
Whats old about that? Thats as close to the average age that travels to A/C as it gets.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
D
D
I'm with Papashine and Sweetjane, if you feel like it rent one. We generally get one every time when we come and use it when we want and let it sit when we don't. If you look at the ambergriscaye.com main page their is a link for most of the cart agencies on the island. Some have online discounts for booking, others don't. Generally, I will shop the rates and then decide where I want to rent and see if they will price match the lower rates. Some fleets are newer than others (Castle and Ultimate are the newest I think). We tend to rent from Monchos because they are right at the airport, and they do make some good deals for us (plus free gas). We have also had a dud from them, but it is all part of the "adventure" just don't forget to feather the prop errr... pedal I mean

Last edited by D.O.A.; 05/21/09 01:26 PM.
Iam also a fan of Castle Cars. Roberto has always treated us great. We had the belt break on our cart while we were on the south end of the island. We called and within 20 minutes they came down with a new cart for us. Also, if you have 4 or more people in your party he offers water taxi service at $5.00 per per one way. We used him a lot when we were there in February for 2 weeks.

I missed that you were staying at Coco Beach.

I would not recommend getting a cart if your bodies can't take the beating you will get driving the road to your resort. If they can, then you should get a cart.

If you were staying in town, my taxi recommendation stands.

Originally Posted by KY Watermelon
Would we old people (51-60) be wise to go ahead and rent a golf cart for our entire 7 day stay? Looking at Moncho's on-line... we're not lazy, but we are also going on a MUCH-NEEDED vacation, don't want to be hoofing it everywhere. We can just pick our cart up at Moncho's and head down to Coco Beach Resort? Your thoughts and better ideas would be appreciated!

Coco Beach has carts for rent at the resort. Just notify Sandra that you may want one. I would agree with some others that it is a bumpy ride and if it has been raining and the roads are sloppy, don't even bother. Wait until you get here and check the conditions. Ferry is the preferred way to get in and out of Coco Beach - either the Island Ferry or a private boat.

K
OP Offline
K
Thanks to everyone for your responses, lots of good information. We are so ready to be there.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.