Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#338591 05/22/09 10:10 PM
Monel Offline OP
OP Offline
My wife and I were at the BDF base dropping off some books and cards and cookies etc. and we noticed that there are a lot of basic comforts that they would appreciate. Most notably according to the ones we talked to are fans for air circulation and they hope for a TV in a wistful way but would appreciate anything offered.
If anyone has any knowledge of second hand fans or inexpensive ones I can pick up for them please let me know.
Also if there are any items that you can help them with please let me know or you can drop the items off at their base.
Also any input of ideas on how to help them out would also be appreciated.

If we give Peas a chance won't the Lima Beans feel left out ?
Monel #338626 05/23/09 09:56 AM
I have an old 19" TV I would be willing to give them. It's old but works ok.

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
A bullet fired,cannot be called back.
A.C.G.C.
Tracker #338628 05/23/09 10:08 AM
Thats a great idea .I got envoled with the fire dept being a ex vol fireman 30 years .I found out they did not even have a microwave or fridge ..So I got them a new microwave be back this tues for my monthly vist will work on a fridge ..I think Anything we can do to help the BDF is a great idea .

Living The Dream Every Day!
captjeff #338643 05/23/09 10:50 AM
Hi Guys

Chris Berlin and I - in the capacity of the security committee of the San Pedro Business Association will be handling the BDF/Police barracks starting on tuesday. If you have items to donate you can also drop them off with us. We will have a complete wish list compiled by the end of next week.

We will also issue a report on the barracks including photos so that folks will know what the facilities look like. In addition we will include a little history about the project and what it means to the community in general in terms of safety and security.

Money is definitely an item that is required on a regular basis because the San Pedro Business Association continues to provide a stipend for food each week.

It would be preferred if donation of equipment be conducted via our office as items need to be inventoried. Bear in mind that the men that inhabit the barracks are rotated form the mainland on a regular basis so it is not the same men all year long.

Also when we last made a request for donations a lot of items were dumped off on a nearby lot and actually caused some logistical problems for us. We have storage facilities for items that we may get in excess and can also distribute to other departments so that items are not wasted and just left to rot.

You can contact me via the PM facility on this board, or email our office at: [email protected] Tel: 226 3737 or visit our office on front street across from the town board.

Also, for those of you unaware that we have an active Police Youth Cadet program I wanted to mention it as we can also take donations for the kids too. They conduct drill sessions twice a week and have a physical education program one day a week. This is a very worthy cause that have become near and dear to my heart within a very short time.

Monel, thanks for bringing up the subject and being supportive and civic minded.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 205 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.