Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#338906 05/25/09 04:44 PM
S
OP Offline
S
We are staying at Cave Branch for a 5 days then off to AC for 5 days. What should our packing list include?

It will be me (40 something) and my 19 and 21 year old son's.

How many shorts?
How many shirts and what kind? Tank tops, t-shirts, blouses?
How many pairs of long pants?
What kind of shoes and how many pairs?
Of course, the medical kit and medicines.

Geez, never felt like I needed so much help in planning a trip. lol

S
OP Offline
S
Also, where to rent Kayaks and how much do they run?

bug spray with some deet content
sun lotion
extra camera memory cards
flashlight
5-7 tanks or T's, 3 shorts, 1 long pants, 1 cotton shirt with sleeves - if you need to cover from the sun
at least 2 bathing suits (in case one's wet)
toiletries (most places only supply soap)
more ziploc baggies than you'll think you'll need - everything gets damp (keeps your money, food, passport, camera, phone, etc dry, stores liquid toiletries [ever leak shampoo in a suitcase??]- also use large ones to take wet clothing, sandy flip flops or spill-able food products [hot sauce, rum...]home)
take less clothes than you'll think you;ll need
1 walking shoes (like tevas, merrills or keens) or sneakers for jungle day trips
1 regular flip flops (i bring 2 - 1 always ends up wet)
optional: light sundress (you) or tropical weight shirt (son) if you want to do one night fancy on AC, but certainly not necessary.

most importnat - don't forget to bring your biggest smiles and leave your expectations at home. you will have a blast!!

For Caves Branch

A pair of those long thin trousers that can be unzipped and turned into shorts are really handy. Outdoor sports shops carry them and they are lightweight and dry quickly. A long sleeved lightweight shirt, of the same quick dry material is helpful.

Closed toe, all terrain shoes that will dry easily are also really useful. If you are planning to go to the ATM cave, bring a pair of socks and take a spare bra with you to change into as the van drive home in a wet bra is not too fun.

Some sort of lightweight hat for the jungle, keeps things from falling on your head.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

I believe you said you were staying at the Palms in another post. They do laundry, as do many of the other hotels. Take it to the office in the morning, back in your room before dinner. Cuts down a lot on the clothes.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.