Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#339082 05/27/09 12:11 AM
weaser Offline OP
OP Offline
I am new to the forum and will be traveling to Belize for a month in July. How safe is it for a woman to travel alone to the mainland (will be lodging on AC)? But would like to take a 2-3 day trip to the mainland. And does anyone know of a good insurance company that deals with international medical insurance for a month?

I don't usually worry about it. Medical treatment in Belize is very inexpensive compared to the US. The only time you really need to be covered is if you need emergency transfer to the US for treatment and your insurance company probably covers that anyway. Make a call to check though.

I use a company called MedjetAssist they will come anywhere in the world by jet to get you back home,inside it's like a hospital,they are very cheap it cover you for a yr.If you tell them you will be out of the U.S. for 30 days at a time it's very cheap.I usually stay out of the county for 9 months at a time so it's a little more.But for short trip it's could save your life. I think for 9 months I pay 380 but if I come back into the U.S. for 1 day and then leave it's good for the whole yr.within the U.S.1-800-527-7478.Worldwide call collect 205-5956626.I know someone that was in Honduras that used them and it saved his life ,the bad thing was he didn't have their ins. cost him 42,000 U.S.I think.I've had them for yrs. and if you are like 150 or more miles from your home they will come have fun

weaser, I travel to the mainland by boat on my own pretty frequently and I have never had a problem. I have plenty of friends on the mainland, who are women who travel daily, some commuting by bus into Belize City to work. Just use common sense and don't hang out at bars or clubs on your own. Travel during the day. Driving after dark isn't sensible because the roads are pretty wild in terms of bad driving. Oh, and ignore everyone who shouts 'Hey Pretty Lady' at you. You'll have a great time and meet lots of interesting people.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

weaser Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks everyone...really appreciate the input!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.