Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
OP Offline
T
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to get a shipping company to ship my vehicle from the Port of Miami to Belize City. The cheapest so far is with T.A.S. which is in a 20' container at a cost of $4,500USD!
I am hoping someone in Belize has used a RORO (roll on roll off) service out of Miami and can help me here.

Thanks,

Brian

S
S
Drive it down or buy one here, if you think shipping is bad wait until you pay tax and duty.

T
OP Offline
T
Hi Simon,

It seems a bit of a task. I picked up a nice Landrover for 5500USD. I don't mind paying up to 70% duty+tax but the killer is the freight.
What about buying in Mexico and driving across?

S
S
A couple of people from the board have driven down without problems and most of the taxis come from Houston. Maybe there's someone out there who can give some input into time required and route.

L
L
just what the island needs, a land rover. Buy a golf cart or bikes.

T
OP Offline
T
Luvinlife; This is not for Ambergris Caye this is for mainland Belize, thanks

Simon; I hope someone can give some advice, appreciate your help.

G
G
I would suggest contacting the following shipping company - http://www.sterlingfreight.com/

G
G
And here's a great story on driving to Belize - //ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/quickdrive.html

T
OP Offline
T
Gabby; Thanks for the information. I have sent an email to Dan at Sterling Freight, hopefully they will be cheaper than the quote I received from a Florida shipper.
The story was good, but unfortunately it was 10 yrs ago, so much has changed with Mexico that I would have to hear from someone very recent traveling through there.

We used Hyde Shipping out of Miami, cost us about 1000 US to ship a GMC Suburban. Was shipped on time and with no damage. We also used a company out of Tampa that was cheaper around 800 but they took 3 months to finally ship it. There is another shipper in Louisiana, MCW, who ships reasonably

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.