Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
D
We ate at Red Ginger at the Phoenix about a week ago for dinner very tasty.......

C
C
It seems like there are a ton of great places to eat on the island.

Is there a consistent 2 or 3 that everyone must go to?

You are asking an impossible question to answer when it comes to San Pedro.

You almost can't go wrong wherever you eat. It just depends on where you are, where you want to be and what you are in the mood for as to a must go.

S
S
You're asking people to pick a favorite child! It's too hard! My fav is Hidden Treasure, husband's fav is Mango's and we love Estelles for lunch or breakfast. But I hear Red Ginger is awesome, although haven't been there yet. And every other restaurant that has been mentioned on this thread is extremely popular with a big following. This is why you can't just visit San Pedro once and this is why San Pedro is a great place for dining. I have never had a bad meal in San Pedro, except once, and it was a time share lunch, which doesn't count. There was a reason it was free!! Enjoy what you can and come back again to hit what you couldn't get to is my advice.

But to really answer the question, Hidden Treasure was just named as one of the top restaurants in San Pedro and Red Ginger does seem like the new hot restaurant.

Last edited by Sally1; 06/01/09 02:13 PM.
Why does no one ever mention Sun Up!

The best $3us meal anywhere, and the combination rice for $15bze will feed 2 normal people or one Belizean friend getting his lunch bought for him smile

At least a couple of meals should be bought from the street vendors and eaten in the park....great taste and the smell of the different stands adds to the experience.

Also try Ak Bol for lunch pupusa's, and Georges has the best breakfast on the island, IMHO.

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
B
B
Three great new restaurants:

Pinochio's. Dinners only so far. Soon to open for lunch too.

Aji north of town. Closed Mondays and Tuesdays

Also Lazy Croc north of town. Only open Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11AM to 6PM.

L
L
Check out Mr. Joe's Grocery. It is accross from Miramar and Pelican reef. Today they offered a daily special of Chicken Florentine with roasted poatoes and green salad for $16 bz. You can also orderd off the regular menu. The food is very good and well priced. Ask Christine to email you with the daily specials and regular menu. [email protected] Judy

R.B. Mernitz
OP Offline
Thanks for all your help with the resturants. I wish I could try them all. I like trying everything for street vendors to a nice resturant and everything in between. Last time diving in key largo asked a guy on the dive boat where the locals hang out. It was a fantastic hole in the wall, we had Mahi Mahi and sweet potatoe frys (all you can eat). Great music. Now that place will be a regular stop for us for years to come. 2 more days till we arrive, getting tired of counting the minutes. How come it takes so long for vacations to get here and so fast to be over.

Another restaurant that no one ever talks about is Tackle Box up north at Tranquility Bay. Unfortunately most people don't realize that there are two! Check out trip advisor and you'll see the food is good! The restaurant sits out over the water and in the evening we have eagle rays, tarpon, and tonnes of other marine life swimming under our lights. Eventually we plan on offering one night a week water taxi service to the restaurant. As it is right now you have to charter a water taxi!$$$$$$ or have a personal boat.
My personal favorites for restaurants in town are Nautica, El Divino, Blue Water Grill, Wild Mangos, Elvi's Kitchen and Blue Lotus(Indian food).

Last edited by CarlosCabanas; 06/03/09 09:29 PM.
TB has the best burger on the island.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.