Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#340528 06/07/09 11:27 AM
skippy Offline OP
OP Offline
The doggies dominate this forum, so much so that they should have their own subforum methinks. Replace US Chat with Canine Conundrums.

But what of our feline fiends? I mean friends. Realized I have not seen a cat in my many visits, or if I have, fail to recall it. Shirley there are cats on AP, in SP?

btw, I'm a dog person, with a golden retriever and a beagle, but we had a kitty for many years. She lived to be 22!

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
[Linked Image]

this is the friendly cat at Casa Caracol. healthiest, happiest cat we've seen there. KC intoduced us to a very nice cat named janie at exotic caye as well. smile

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
S
S

There are a lot of cats in San Pedro. The loved and cared for ones are well loved and cared for and you are unlikely to see many of them about as uncared for cats don't tend to have a very long life span here.

The feral cat population is significant and because they are feral you will only see them at night. Cats are prey animals as well as predators so they are extremely good at being difficult to observe. Unfortunately, they have a tough life with sexually transmitted disease being the most serious risks they face. If you want to be kind to a feral cat, SAGA have humane traps, which they will lend out. You can trap the cats, have them health checked, rabies vaccinated, spayed/neutered and returned to their own patch within 24 hours.

SAGA always seems to have a bunch of really lovely cats and kittens available for adoption.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

Originally Posted by collyk
If you want to be kind to a feral cat, SAGA have humane traps, which they will lend out. You can trap the cats, have them health checked, rabies vaccinated, spayed/neutered and returned to their own patch within 24 hours.

What do you recommend as bait? Cats seem to be particular about what they eat.

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
Every time I've had success, I've just used canned Whiskas cat food.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

M
M
The cheap tins of sardines - mash it up with a bit of bread.

T
T
Wildcats. Another argument for not exterminating the doggies.

[Don't pay it any mind, collyk. Just a cheap attempt at levity from a dog lover who would like to see Odie get one over on Garfield.]

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 271 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.