Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#340689 06/08/09 10:33 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Hey there! Name is Kevin.
I'm moving to BELIZE in October of this year. I am a young entrepreunerer...successful here in the United States, married, but looking for another life to live, with my wife. I am also bringing my sister and her fiancee. We will be starting a Technology/Security Firm. Our branches will be broad and cover nearly everything under that umbrella.

I have a few questions if yall do not mind answering for me...I intend on bringing wonderful varieties of service to your country, and I get along with everyone. So hopefully i'm welcomed and not bothering! Anyway... I have a list, but on top of the list, I would like to ask location...Where is the cheapest location to live? Looking to rent a 5-6 bed house or so...was hoping to rent reasonably cheap (1000-1500 range). This will allow me a year to attain residency etc...
Will anyone mind if i post my other questions here as well ....or should i make a new thread?
mostly they are customs related.

Last edited by REenterprises; 06/08/09 10:34 PM.
Take a look at the classifieds on San Pedro Daily and the San Pedro Sun.

http://sanpedrodaily.com/classifieds.html
http://sanpedrosun.net

I do not think San Pedro is the cheapest location to live?

S
S
By far the most expensive. I can't see any way you will get a 5 or 6 bedroom on SP for $1000-$1500 a month.

I am not trying to be funny, but why would 4 people want a 5-6 bedroom house, do you not like each other?

R
OP Offline
R
We're ok with living away from the city, in fact, we would like a peaceful place as long as it's still able to receive electric/city water...

The reason we want a larger house, My wife and I have been married for a few years and have been living alone. We have 3 small dogs. We are used to having our own things. We also plan on having MANY visitors spread throughout the year...So guest beds are necessary. We plan to start our business out of our home, should permits allow...do not mind traveling a little to the city, etc. We have a large SUV...as mentioned...so i did not want to offend anyone by driving it regularly through the city as we work from house to house, etc..

The two people going with us are much younger, this will be their first out of parent household. we would like enough space for them to grow, us to remain grown and everyone to still get along laugh I find it rather a smart move!

I do not think you are going to get a permit for the big SUV on AC either!

S
S
Originally Posted by dabunk
I do not think you are going to get a permit for the big SUV on AC either!

What about all the SUVs here now? They have permits.

S
S
I'm just wondering if you've been to Belize to see if what you want to do is even viable. That SUV is going to cost you a chunk of change in duties as well.

40% or so importation stamp duty on suv's. That is on the blue book value not on how much you may say you have paid for the vehicle.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.