Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
We are trying to schedule a trip to Ambergris Caye. In your opinion, when would be the best time to visit, weather-wise - lowest temp, lowest humidity and least amount of rain. Thanks!

I see that there has yet to be a response to your question so I am at the very least going to let you know that it has been read. When someone with real insight comes in they surely will give appropriate information.

That being said, I think any time is the best time to be there. My understanding is that November to April is high season - feel free to correct me everyone- but we go down in June which is the start of the rainy season (never dealt with more than a few showers).

Study up on BZ and AC and you will soon figure it out. //www.ambergriscaye.com has a boatload of information from history to weather to trip planning etc. There's also belizeforum and other boards as well.

Your post also may be better read in the Ambergris Caye forum than here in the weather forum. Just a thought.

It's great to be .....

M
M
I'd say mid-December to end of February.

The days seldom get over 30 degrees C, it's hot, but not TOO hot. Usually clear blue sunny skies; not much rain. Nights are down around 20 to 21 degrees C. You might need a blanket on the bed at night.

During this period, about every 10 days or so, a cold front blows in from the north and the above mentioned temps can drop about 5 degrees.

Ditto MisterB. You can get a less expensive room with no A/C this time of year and offset much of the high season rates this way.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
P
P
when is low season?

S
S
Right about now and through to mid December.

November is nice, rates not too high, not too busy, nice temps, nice breeze, not much rain, beer is cold.

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
I have been four times; once in February, once in April, once near the beginning of November, and once near the end of November.

I am from the Houston area and live in high temperatures and humidity from March until October, so I am no wimp, but when I go on vacation I want pleasant temperatures and not what I experience at home in the summer.

Having said that, I will say that April was getting a little too warm for me, and even November was too warm at times. (i.e. We broke a sweat. I would still go back during those months though.)

February was absolutely fabulous! It was wonderfully mild, and neither too warm nor too cool. The temperature was at that perfect point where it never even enter our minds the entire time we were there. We never broke a sweat. The water temperature was a bit cool, but still tolerable to snorkle and dive.

I'll bet December, January, and March are similar in temperature.

We are having AC withdrawals, so my husband and I are going to break our resolve not to go during the summer months and are heading to SP in August for our anniversary. I will post my experience when I get back.

After reading many postings about mosquitos and power outages this summer, I will add those, along with higher temperatures and humidity to the list of things I am praying will not be as bad as all that.

We love SP so much that even these things, along with rainy season and hurricane season, can't hold us from coming back this August. (Both rainy season and hurricane season end in November I believe, so I guess that is why high season is from November to April.)

(I would love some advice from some locals and expats regarding some of the things I have mentioned above.)

Thanks!

Last edited by tcoats; 07/27/09 10:03 PM.
I LEAVE IN AUGUST! It will be very hot here then. But good luck.
January is usually cold and windy.
February is usually beautiful but was not this year - very windy.
March is usually windy.
April, May and June are usually nice.
July starts getting warmer but turned very hot this year.
Auugust and September are HOT.
October is usually nice if we don't have a hurricane.
November and December are usually nice.

This is just my experience.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Well... our August visit was awesome! Yes, it was hotter than any other month we have been there, but there was a strong breeze blowing the entire time that helped cool us off. We didn't get any mosquito bites either. We did sweat when going on long walks down the beach, but again the breeze helped tremendously.

At night it was extremely pleasant.

But again... I am from Texas, so I am used to the heat and humidity... and mosquitos!

Now I have faced the hottest month on AC and have conquered it. That means I can go any month of the year now!

SP, I'll see you again in October!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.