Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
P
There's actually a tremendous amount of life on a wreck such as this.

Yes, Peter. I don't doubt that and have seen some completely encrusted wrecks, that have spectacular life on them here and there. Be that as it may . . . man first littered.

You may recall that I've talked about the muck diving at Mabul. I could be entertained for the whole dive without having to move off of a piece of concrete with a metal rope to the surface. Such an amazing and fascinating conglomeration of life forms . . . regardless . . . man first littered.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Guys, Marty O'farrell, Jr Tillett and myself have dove it several times and we have never had current like you had the other day. Visibility on the other hand can get very poor. Last Saturday was the worst i have seen in a dozen dives.
This is a dive for intermediate dives, that is why we have asked the other dive centers to all work together on this dive.
Max 4 diver 1 divemaster, no more than 1 group down on the Marlon L at 1 time.
This is a great dive for Belize so we all have to work together. Our guests who have dove it loved it, for several reasons.
We are going again with a select group of people from San Pedro this Thursday and hopefully everyone will give their 2 cents
Steve

Hi guys,
I don't want to be to negative about this wreck. San Pedro needs a wreck and this could be it. There's nothing like the thrill of a wreck for the first time. This is a tuff one being deep and in low vis water with the added attraction of huge ships passing over head during the dive. I'm sure the Blue Hole trip had similar criticisms and as you all know we(san pedro dive community) send every Tom ,Dick and Harry that can produce a card to the 130'Blue Hole and thats been safe and tremendously successful.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Not my intention to be critical, I was only saying that *I'm* not crazy about diving wrecks . . now get me talking about the Blue Hole and you'll hear a different story.

The majority of my male dive buddies love to dive wrecks and further, most of them enjoy a more challenging dive. The question is whether or not, you can make the dive appealing enough for them to forgo other destinations to come and dive your wreck.

P
P
The idea is to take one day out to dive the wreck AND a fine wall nearby, and to do your regular diving the rest of the time. I've finally dived it today (courtesy of Ecologic Divers) and although the water was a bit murky and surprisingly dark at the wreck, nonetheless they were superb dives that I intend to repeat. I just wish they were a bit closer to San Pedro, but you can't have it all!

When I was (wreck) diving around Britain I knew plenty girls who loved that sort of diving as well. It really isn't just a male preserve.

Photos Peter?

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Yes, Peter, I do know a few women that love that sort of diving as well. To clarify, it is not *my* own preference to dive wrecks. I know a few women that love technical diving and wrecks and lots of other challenges that are not *my* own preference. These women are friends and/or acquaintances to me but not *my* dive buddies. *My* *female* dive buddies generally have similar tastes in their diving to *my* own. I have a number of male dive buddies, some with similar tastes in their diving to *my* own, but the majority of *my* *male* dive buddies "love to dive wrecks and further, most of them enjoy a more challenging dive". Be that as it may, and fortunately for me, they also enjoy doing the dives that are my preference.

Again, it is not my intention to be critical in any way. I've merely made the mistake of entering into this conversation/thread.

Mea culpa

P
P
I decided not to take my camera on the first dive because I wanted to look at the wreck, and I didn't take it on the second because vis wasn't good enough. A view shared by Tony Rath, though Marty says he shot some video and I look forward to seeing it.

We dove the "Myron L" again the other day as a test for our upcoming trips. Peter jones, myself, Jr Tillett, Marty O'Farrell,Tony Rath and Chip from Caye caulker went. WE first went into Belize city to pick up Tony and then headed out to the Wreck. We tool out newly refurbished boat "Wreck Diver" and went right to the bouy. After securing the line we went down in 2 groups of 3.
This is the way we think running trips should be on this dive. Upon our decent, Peter, Chip and myself noticed it was unusually dark. When we reached about 100' we could see her and made our initial look around bow to stern with a longer look at the wheel house. The vis was low 25' tops. After 25min. Peter and i signaled to go up and signaled for Chip who was diving with a rebreather to stag at the mooring line until the other group came down. Once we boarder the boat the 3 others went down for there dive.
After 1:30 shore interval/ lunch we went down for a second dive to inspect more closely.
It was a great day of diving and everything went as per planned
Thanks, Peter and Chip it was two good dives.
Lets go again

Steve Lee

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.