Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
I don't look at the Belize forums very often because the site takes too long to load.

As Marty has mentioned, it takes a lot of time to prowl this site trying to sort out the wheat from the chaff - we have identified one area that is subject to constant abuse - and have decided not to let it be a thorn in our side.

FYI, the Belize Forums message board went down for years (was it 5) due to total overload of abuse and the admins simply decided it wasn't worth the hassle. I am glad to see it back up, but I feel the site is a little too graphic intensive to view on a regular basis from my crappy dsl download service.

The Belize Forums is a great message board and it has never been down for a period of five years.
It, as well as this message board for years had problems with one poster who really had some problems. Lucky for all of us he seems to have moved on.
This board has some interesting subjects and discussions however many times it only involves what is happening on Ambergris Caye.
Mainland Belize and its problems are not a major topic on this board.
Great that this board is available as well as the Belize Forums.

Amanda, You must be thinking of another forum. Tony Rath's forums were down for maybe 3 or 4 DAYS one time, certainly not for 5 years. After upgrading software a couple months ago, for a few days it had a serious problem with slow loading. That seems to be corrected now, and loading is generally about the same as this forum now.

I agree with Karen: One of the big differences between that forum and this one is that Marty's is naturally San Pedro-centric, while Tony's is more oriented to the mainland. Thus the two attract different sets of Belizeans and Belize residents, and different types of Belize tourists. There is some overlap of members, of course.

--Lan Sluder

P
P
I don't want Marty to take this the wrong way, but IMO there is a higher proportion of arm's length potential visitor enquiries on Belize Forums than here. Gossip is very common here but rare on the other site. They're both useful and they both have their strengths. And I know at least one Mod on the other site who's a regular here.

Yes, it must have been another Belize board that went down. I do look at Tony's site and I am a member, although I don't post too often over there.

P
P
fair enough it's your site and I know it's lot of work. I meant that there is no free classified style place for people to put private lots and their prices, where people either can get a feel for prices on a p2p basis or sell their own lot.

Actually Jesse's San Pedro Daily has a huge free classifieds ads section that is full of great deals. It is easy to access and the prices are right there for people to see.

S
S
Hi, Can I post my vacation rental?
Thanks,

Iguana house 4.5 miles North
S
S
Sure! Go for it...

S
S

Iguana house 4.5 miles North
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.