Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

And while American is reaching into Belize, one local airline is reaching out to Mexico. Your next trip to Cancun from Belize can be by air. That is because Maya Island Air will start flying to Cancun, Guatemala City, and Honduras next month. The airline announced that it is going regional on July 8th. That’s when the airline will begin flying two return trips to Cancun daily and daily roundtrips to San Pedro Sula Honduras and Guatemala City.

The airline will be using two ATR 72s that can seat 68 passengers. It will be initially staffed with crew from Swift Air but they will eventually be replaced with Belizeans who are receiving training. The inaugural flight will be on Wednesday July 8th.

Channel 7

W
W
Hi Marty. This is great news! Is there a website? Any news on the cost? I'm in Canada and looking to come down in December, not stopping in the US would be fantastic.

S
S
http://www.mayaislandair.com/

But there is nothing on the site about the flights yet.

W
W
Thanks I guess I'll just have to be patient!

My prediction...

This Cancun route is going to be the single biggest boon to the Belize economy in the country's short history.

P
P
If they get the price right.

very true.

T
T
This is probably a substantial investment for Maya, and if marketed carefully, and being the only game in town, they can pretty much charge adventure and eco tourists what they want from Cancun. How many tourists would love to buy Belize and Tikal package add-ons if not inhibited by travel time constraints? If they provide reliable service, and the tourist market is indeed there, they might do as well, or better, flying at below capacity than with a plane full of cheap seats. Not as profitable revenue-wise, some frequent flyer fare scheme for commuters would provide for future goodwill when/if there is competition. I hope they will consider having Belikin girl hostesses serving complementary One Barrel and Belikins

I like the way you think Tex!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
T
T
I forget what the first Belizean international airline was called, something like Belize Air LTD. With service to four countries, will Maya now be known as the national flag carrier, or will the TACA group swoop?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 271 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.