Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
B
Don't know if this is already known, but I'm at Ak'Bol right now, and they are attempting to drain the sink hole here so they can fill it in...talked to them and they confirmed the plan is to fill it in.

:-)Well it not like its one of the natural wonders of the world,
and that will keep drunks in Tres Cocos from falling in while staggering home at night :-0

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
P
P
Why drain it first? It's just ground water, and will displaced by the fill. If I were them, though, I'd be wondering where the material that used to fill that space has gone, and whether there might be a larger hole lurking down there. Can't they do an echo sounding to see whether that's the case?

If it is the natural water table that has caused water to accumulate in the sink hole, it will flow back in from the surrounding soil as they drain water out. It would be better just to fill it in with soil and displace the water, but I agree with Peter. Some further investigation is warranted before the hole is filled in. In the meantime, if it is a safety issue, just fence it off.

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
P
P
It looked to me that the area adjoining the hole and SE of it had sunk considerably. I expect there to be a further collapse imminent.

B
B
They will destroy every well within 1000 yards if they pump it out.
That shows extremely poor judgement and lack of concern for the area.

Ak'Bol has asked me to inform readers that the property on which the cenote has formed does not belong to them and they are not involved with anything happening with it.

B
B
No...it's nothing at all to do with Ak'Bol!! You can just see from their property what's going on next door.

There is now a trench dug under the road and pipe laid from the cenote and pumping into the lagoon.

B
B
Yes, now that I read my original message, it could easily look as if I meant Ak'Bol is doing this. My apologies! I was just there for breakfast and saw what was going on at the property next door. Nothing that is being done has anything to do with Ak'Bol. Didn't mean to generate any confusion associating them with what's going on next door.

An easy error to make. I will pass this on to them. Thanks!

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.