Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#343093 07/01/09 07:02 AM
S
suecate Offline OP
OP Offline
S
only people that are on this board understand when i say how upset i am that our flights were canceled today out of boston. Hopefully we get out tomorrow.

J
JLG Offline
J
Was it because of weather.

Fish On...
I think it something we are going to see more and more.
On June 10Th this year my flight out of Charleston was canceled , and they called me at 12:30AM to inform me. Mt flight was due to take off at 6am. I was scheduled to be in Colorado that day for a wedding celebration, ( MINE) the airlines didn't give a hoot.
I did the only thing I could and that was to drive 5hrs to Atlanta to catch my follow on flight.

So yes you have a sympathetic hear here. smile

Never Use money to measure wealth
That's a major bummer. What airline and what reason?

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
It was Air Tran. And the lame excuse was a ramp problem. Too many Aircraft coming into Atlanta at the same time of the morning.

Never Use money to measure wealth
Originally Posted by Bill Mc Ghee
It was Air Tran. And the lame excuse was a ramp problem. Too many Aircraft coming into Atlanta at the same time of the morning.

What a crock. That seems like something that should be fairly obvious when they are coordinating flight schedules. It's not like these flights are scheduled the day before. I always fly out of Toronto or Buffalo and have never had a flight cancelled, although there have been weather delays out of Buffalo.

Do you suspect some other underlying economic reason?

S
suecate Offline OP
OP Offline
S
American Airlines stated fog was the answer. I got the first call at 1 a.m. to change my 5:40 a.m. flight to a 6:55 a.m.flight - boston, raleigh, dallas, belize city. The second call came at 3 a.m. saying the 6:55 was changed to 9 and I probably wouldn't make my connections, so they would give me a flight to miami that i could stay overnight (traveling with 2 kids alone)finding my own hotel of course. I had them change to tomorrow the 5:40a.m same flights but now sitting in last row, rather be in my own home and travel with the hubby than lost in miami airport for the night.

The car service said this started last night no flights came in on time a 7pm arrived at 1 a.m.

Turtle Girl and Whale diver are disappointed in losing a day (as am I)

Last edited by suecate; 07/01/09 08:53 AM.
sue, yes. I understand completely. We plan, we pay, we dream and then delay!!!!!!! I'm not sure how I would handle that, after I came apart in the airport.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
S
suecate Offline OP
OP Offline
S
thankfully we were still at home

Too bad about the delay Sue, but the recent boating accident in SP proves that it's not wise to try to navigate when you can't see clearly where you are going, unless you are walking home after a night out. Damn fog.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.