Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Short Offline OP
OP Offline
Just received...

Originally Posted by BEL
Good afternoon, kindly be advices of the following scheduled power outages that will be taking place this weekend July 11 & 12 and next weekend July 18 & 19, 2009.

July 11, 2009 will be Feeder 3 this is all of Boca Del Rio (starting from Harmouch Center) to North Ambergris (last resort that is energized by BEL)
It will commence at 6:00am until 2:00pm

July 12, 2009 will be Feeder 2 this is from Harmouch Center all of Pescador Dr and all area up to Maya Island Air Terminal inclusive San Pedrito Subd. extends to Blake St., San Pablo Subd., Escalante Subd., This will commence at 6:00am until 12:00Noon

July 18, 2009 will be Feeder 1 which is all of Barrier Reef Dr. This will commence at 6:00am until 12:00Noon

July 19, 2009 will be Feeder 4 which is all of Angel Coral Dr from Hol Chan Office, Coconut Dr., to the end of the line @ Boca Ciega. This will commence at 6:00am until 12:00Noon

Please feel free to contact the office if you have any questions.

Belize Electricity Ltd.
San Pedro Branch
Phone: 226-2016

Live and let live
Well it's getting closer to my trip. I guess I'll pack the portable fan, flashlight and extra batteries smile

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Short Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, as these outages are meant to improve the infrastructure, I hope that the portable fan, flashlight and batteries will not be necessary. That being said, today we had an unplanned outage from 6am till 7:20.

Live and let live
S
S
FINALLY! After 15 hours of power outages in the north end we have power.

I truly feel sorry for all the losses that the stores and restaurants must have incurred because BEL didn't have the decency to postpone the scheduled outage today after the 5 hour outage last night. I suggest that everyone with spoiled food take it to the BEL office and dump it on their doorstep on Monday morning and demand compensation.

that's a sure sign that the infrastructure in the country is progressing when you advance from 'outages' to 'planned outages'.

And I'm told that from the roundabout at Richie's going south on Middle Street will be out tomorrow from 9am to 2pm!

Originally Posted by HOT_Card
And I'm told that from the roundabout at Richie's going south on Middle Street will be out tomorrow from 9am to 2pm!

I think it's from 6 am - 2 pm - according to the list in Short's original post --- check it out for more good news.

Ya...it's getting bad! The BEL is a joke! I guess i made the right decision 3 months ago to sell my Condo and live on my boat. Now i don't have to worry about any "Planned"....or "Unplanned" outages!

--------------------------------------
"I only fish on days that end in "Y" smile

B
B
They truly suck. In addition to the loss of perishables, the loss of electric appliances over the last year of power spikes, brown outs, planned and unplanned is staggering. At one point you could file a claim with the BEL for your loss that was attributable to their negligence. Wonder if anyone has ever collected. Unfortunately this is what you get with a monopolistic utility that the government is afraid or powerless to tackle.

Oh, you can still FILE a claim.......getting paid is another thing altogether!

Change your Latitude
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.