Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
My wife and I got an e-mail last night from our good friends that own Waraguma's. We have been coming down there for several years and have become very good friends with the Flores family. The e-mail was from Oscar the older son of Ms. Flores (papusa lady) and he informed us that his brother Juan Pablo (who is starting at the san pedro high school this fall) has been taken to the Belize city hospital because "something busted in his brain" and he needs emergency surgery. I haven't been able to get a hold of Oscar yet but if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated. My e-mail is [email protected]. Thank You,

Adam & Jennifer Ripper

Last edited by ERJPilot; 07/09/09 08:51 AM.
OP Offline
Just got a hold of Ms. Flores, she is in the Belize city hospital with Juan Pablo (her son). I do not know his condition as of yet. He had a brain anuyerism (sp) and was taken to Belize city. I am told that he needs to go to another country for surgery as Belize does not have the equipment to operate. If anyone has any information or contacts to help us that would be great. We would like to try to get him up here to the states. I will be talking to the doctor in a couple hours to find out how stable he is. Thanks.

he can afford care up here? seriously? what about merida?

OP Offline
sweetjane, we are trying to get all the options. I dont know anything about merida. I am in a information finding stage. Thanks

He needs first of all to be stabilized and get an accurate diagnosis. Dr. Hector Ortegon at Clinica Merida is a neurological surgeon. They can do MRI's and other tests there and if surgery is indicated, Dr Ortegon can do that. His cell number is 9999 471014 and what ever country code before that---I think 044. The cost in Merida is much less than the US and the treatment there is good.There is also the cost of transport. To send him to the US would cost more that $20,000 air ambulance and you could get a private driver to take him to Merida on a stretcher for much less if his condition is stable.

OP Offline
Thank you that is a good start!!

There is also to consider his country of origin where he may get cheaper care---such as Guatemala which has excellant medical facitilties.

OP Offline
He and his family are from El Salvador. I will look into that as well. Thanks..

Dr. Otto Rodriquez , our San Pedro doctor of many years is originally from El Salvador and may offer advice. 604-7599

Mexico area code to phone is 52

Wasn't there a neurological surgeon at KHMH? Is he gone now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.