Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#344413 07/10/09 04:01 PM
G
GwenA Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I always see when people on the post want information that seems boring to the posters....please do search. I thought I would do that to get a phone number for a business. Silly me, I got 1000 responses to get "phone number Lime Tours". I gave up. There was no phone number anywhere. What kind of search engine belongs to this site? I just don't have the time. And, of course since I liver here we have plenty of time. All of you jaded folks that tell people to check the search...be careful, you might just be turning people off. And, I bet some nice board member will post the number right after I post this.

S
S
But of course! 501-226-4152

S
S
Have to make you work for it a little bit: http://limetours.com/

Amen GwenA
Rough search engine on ACMB and telling people to 'Go Search' seems rude.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
PS unless they ask something about mosquitoes :-)
Or if it rains a lot in the rainy season :-(
or 'Do you guys have sunsets down there' :-(((

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
B
B
I agree about the search engine being incredibly challenging and in fact not very helpful, but after seeing so many posts to 'go check' it, I thought maybe it was just me!! Not to completely go on a rant, but when I type in something to search and click on one of the responses, when I click on the 'back' button to look at more of the listings, all I get is that the "web page has expired", and I have to start the search all over again. Really not too useful, not to mention it's slow. Thanks, GwenA for letting me get that off my chest! ;-)

S
S
And if I may....

If someone posts a question that certain persons find so "incredibly stupid", why, then, do they feel so compelled to respond? The way I see it, by letting it go and allowing someone else (perhaps in a better frame of mind) to post a response just might help the original poster feel more welcome smile

Thank you! I have had some difficulties searching for things here. That is why I ask/post.I have typed items into google which has taken me to the message board, however. No question is stupid in my mind and I like hearing all of your thoughts on things about the island( be it food, diving, excursions, what have you!)as well. AND....I like reading all the messages whether they pertain to our trip or not.

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!
C
C
I just groan and move on to the next question when I read something that has been answered 1000 times, unless I feel like taking the time to answer it AGAIN. Regarding phone numbers, you can look a lot of them up on the btl.net website, however if it is a prepaid cell number, or the phone is in a person's name, you will have a hard time getting the info. FYI BTL had me listed wrong in their book and on the website for 3 years.

Apparently Cybercayecaulker.com deleted my very informative post answering in the affirmative to the subject at hand.

In short, if you don't see how your request is different than the situations which are directed toward search.... (remaining rant redacted so as not to get deleted again).

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 354 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.