Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
[Linked Image]
For those of you that are familiar with the "Papusa Lady", Ms. Flores, that owns the Waraguma restaurants on middle street. She has a son Juan Pablo who is 14. We have become very good friends with their entire family over our last seven visits to AC. We got an e-mail from his brother Oscar that said that Juan Pablo had an aneurism Wednesday morning and was taken to Belize City to the hospital. I have been trying to get info and finally got a hold of Oscar on the telephone. He told me that yesterday morning Juan Pablo was getting ready for school and had a seizure and fell. They took him to a local doctor who promptly got him to the Government hospital in Belize City. He had a CAT scan done and it showed that he has a deep aneurism in the brain. He is conscious and stable but needs surgery in Guatemala as soon as he is well enough to travel. The good news so far is that he has not had any more seizures since yesterday and there has already been a doctor that flew in from Guatemala to evaluate him. Please keep Juan Pablo and his family in your prayers.

I know things are tough for all of us in this economy but for those of you that are able and willing to donate a few dollars, I have created a paypal donation account for the family and can be accessed at the following link. Or you can send paypal money to [email protected]

Paypal donations for Juan Pablo Flores

I am an airline pilot and am able to travel down to Belize city and give the Flores family the money personally.

Thanks,

Adam and Jennifer Ripper

[Linked Image]
Jennifer is on the far left, Adam is on the far right next to Juan Pablo in Red shirt

Last edited by ERJPilot; 07/16/09 08:48 PM. Reason: Added Pictures
OP Offline
Just talked to the family and they are planning on flying to Guatamala City tomorrow via air ambulance for the brain surgery. I will try to keep all informed as I get info. Thank you all for your continued prayers for the Flores family.

C
C
Thanks for keeping us updated.

OP Offline
After many hours of trying to arrange transportation for the Flores family to Guatemala City, I think we may have succeeded. We are waiting to here from the neurologist in Belize City to see if it is safe for Pablo to fly on Maya. We have been in touch with Yvette at BERT and she has been a true blessing. If we are able to get transportation on Maya, he will be able to receive treatment at the public hospital in Guatemala City! Thanks for your continued prayers. We will keep you informed!

P
P
Does anyone know if there is a local (San Pedro) place or account that we can donate money for the family?

OP Offline
You could go by Waraguma and see if they are open. Otherwise, their grandson attends Holy Cross and Frances is aware of the situation. She may take it for you and turn it into the family.

P
P
Thanks ERJPilot,

Roadkill is going to be doing a special fundraiser for Juan Pablo this Wednesday, July 15th, starting at 7 PM. Tequila Jello Shots and Chocolate Vodka for BZ$5.00 ALL proceeds will go to the Flores Family.
Roadkill Bar is located on Coconut Dr. in front of Barefoot Iguana's.

P
P
Also Sharon from Lime will be selling Raffle tickets tonight at Lime (right across from Tropic Air Terminal) for BZ$10.00 each for a Nokia phone, Chip and credit on it. All proceeds will go to the Flores Family. She will be at Roadkill on Wednesday July 15th, selling them also.
We hope to raise a lot of money for Maria and her family. Please come out and support. If you are not here but enjoyed Waraguma's food and want to help out ERJPilot has set up a PayPal account listed above.
Thanks
Helda

OP Offline
Thank you all for your continued prayers and support!! Purdygirl thank you for your posting of info. Every little bit will help out so much. I was able to arrange ambulance transportation through BERT (Belize Emergency Response Team) from KHMH to BZE airport. Yvette Burks at BERT has been an incredible help. The doctor approved of Juan Pablo to fly on Maya on Monday morning on the new ATR that flys nonstop from BZE to Guatemala City as long as he travels with a medic which BERT supplied. Because the Flores family did not have the resources Jennifer and I purchased 3 round trip tickets on the flight one for the medic and one for each of the brothers. We also paid BERT for the transportation from KHMH to the BZE airport as well as the ambulance from GUA to the San Juan De Dios hospital. Jennifer talked to Oscar (Juan Pablos brother) a few hours ago. He said that they are in the San Juan hospital and that he needs to go to the Belize embassy to get some paperwork in order for the dr's to treat Juan Pablo. He also said that Juan Pablo is doing ok aside from still getting headaches. Ms. Flores was able to travel by bus to get there as well. We will keep everyone updated as we plan on calling them every couple days to find out how they are doing and what the dr's are saying and doing.

Adam & Jennifer

P
P
I just want to thank everyone who came out last night and supported the mini fundraiser. We raised BZ$500.00 with the shooters. Robbie was in charge of the raffle last night and he sold BZ$340.00 worth of tickets. The raffle will be going on for a few more days. Please see Sharon at Lime right across from the Tropic Terminal if you would like to buy a ticket!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.