Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
My mom and I are trying to decide between staying at the Belize Yacht Club or Banyan Bay. This will be our first trip to AC, and we're basically making a decision on where to stay from what we've seen on the Internet. Does anyone have any thoughts on either of these resorts? They both seem beautiful, but would anyone recommend one over the other for any reason? Thanks!

E
Edd Offline
E
Banyon Bay! Not even close. BYC has a great location, but is older and not as well maintained. You won't be sorry about selecting BB. I moved to BB after staying at BYC for several years.

A
OP Offline
A
Thanks for the feedback! We were leaning towards Banyan Bay. The only thing we have been slightly concerned with is how far of a walk from town...20 minutes?

L
L
We stayed at BYC last month. We had a newer oceanfront 2 bedroom suite and it was great. I haven't stayed at Banyan Bay, but it looked very nice and I've heard nothing but great thing about it. I don't think you could go wrong at either location, but we chose BYC because it is a little closer to town. Walking at a leisurely pace, it took us about 15 minutes to walk to town (depending on how many Belikins I stoped for), so I would guess it would take about 20 minutes from Banyan Bay, but it's a nice walk and nobody's in a hurry in Belize! If it were me, I would weigh in Price and Location of the room to make my decision(I like to be oceanfront) . You may want to check out Victoria House also, it is even further from town, but is absolutly beautiful. We rented a golf cart for the week @ $230 US and used it when we got lazy at night. Have fun!

I would recommend Banyan Bay as well. Since it opened a few years ago, we have rated it at or near the top among the condotels on the island (four stars). The BYC has gone through many changes -- condo, timeshare, meeting hotel, and combo of the above -- and has had various problems between condo owners and management; one never quite knows what to expect, though the location is excellent and some of the units are beautiful. Banyan Bay is also on one of the best beaches on the island, whereas BYC really has no beach, just a seawall.

Another option at a lower price is Banana Beach, close to Banyan Bay. It has only one-bedroom units, but these are very nice, especially the seafront units, and the rates are much lower than either BYC or Banyan Bay, especially if you book direct.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
R
R
I personally like Banyan Bay Villas. These are large villas, with a jacuzzi tub, breakfast area, balcony, large swimming pool. The beach is quite nice too. I don't remember it being a 20 minute walk to San Pedro, atleast not along the shoreline. Maybe I just didn't notice because of the beautiful scenery. If you need any other information, you can e-mail me directly at [email protected]

Renea

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.