Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Originally Posted by Amanda Syme
Is the island surrounded by water?

Of course it is, but which side of the island does the sun come up on? grin

My favourite crazy question of 2009, which drew lots of response, was:

"well im moving down from connecticut and i wanted to know if theres people around my age who i can make friends with. this may be a silly post but i just had to ask. thanks in advance!"

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
C
C
I've noticed that myself that when one types in something to search - it is always l000 responses - frequently none of them have anything to do with the question or search criteria - not sure why that is - it seems a more precise search engine would help

Cheers everyone

Connie in Kelowna

I feel like I am stating the obvious, but you need to place the phrase you are searching for in " " or this search engine finds every place that each of the individual words appears. Search "Lime Tours" and you find 3 posts, including this one. One post gives an email address [email protected]. A little imagination will suggest that you might try www.limetours.com and voila, all the information you want. A google search with or without " " leads you to the same result.

B
B
I've done plenty of searches using " " and still gotten 1000 results. So that's not always the solution. It also doesn't do anything to solve the problem of hitting the back button and getting 'webpage has expired' and having to start the search all over again. It doesn't do anything about the slowness of the search engine. And it still does nothing to show the willingness of others on the board to 'help' existing or potential visitors, etc. Folks have differing levels of expertise on computer use, and that doesn't make them any more or any less intelligent than anyone else. I find that thought the most regretful of all, that any of us would feel it was okay to even think, much less say that someone is asking a stupid question. Thought we all learned that wasn't the case way back in 1st grade if not earlier.

So as SnoppysMom appropriately stated - If someone posts a question that certain persons find so "incredibly stupid", why, then, do they feel so compelled to respond? The way I see it, by letting it go and allowing someone else (perhaps in a better frame of mind) to post a response just might help the original poster feel more welcome.

there are no stupid questions, if u don't know, then ask

Is there anywhere on the island that sells t-shirts? confused

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
SP Mart has XXXL but only in hot pink. crazy

"Do you like living here?" Duh.....

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
ok guys funny...u know what i meant!!! loansum al, there are lots of people that don't like living there....can't understand why....would trade places in a heartbeat!!!!

D
D

I thought the only stupid question was the one that was never asked. Just saying.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.