Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#345819 07/22/09 10:25 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Okay so I have been following and commenting on a thread by a self described attractive woman who is financially stable and very physically fit. Who came down and for three days met a sweet guy who was a perfect gentleman. Oh you know who I am talking about...
Many including myself have suggested she read the Tia Chocolate article on Land Sharks and posted the link. She obviously thinks we are crazy.
So I am going to take the view that this wonderful gentleman who she is desperately trying to get a hold of is just that a really nice guy.
GIRL he is just not that into you! Seriously read the book or watch the movie. If this man really wanted to get to know you better he would have given you a phone number, email address or asked for yours. You were on holidays he was enjoying himself he treated you with respect and kindness and did not sleep with you for one of two reasons! IF you are as amazing as you claim to be then he knows every man tries to get in your pants so he knew the way to get to you is by being doing the opposite. OR he was just not attracted to you for whatever reason he may have.

So there I said it. I am not a hater and I do not know either of you. But since you posted on a public forum then I will give you my opinion which you can do with what you like. IF you really think this is the guy then come back down for another visit. Get to know him better (3 days really is not long enough). Have him come there to see you (if he wants to)oh and let him pay because seriously if it is true love and you have found the person for you. He will work and save up to do it.

Okay rant is over I said my piece.
Would any other of my follow board members would like to add anything I missed?

Last edited by purdygrl; 07/22/09 10:27 AM.
Nope - you pretty much took the words out of my mouth.

same. i'd just post the land shark editorial again, as that seems to describe the situation in every detail.

good luck, sister.

OOOO, juicy....time to sign up at Tia Chocolat.
These are the "Days of our Lives". grin

This has been going on all over the Carib for as long as I have been kicking around the islands.

I was working in Bermuda 20 or so years ago, and the guys I was working with got off early on the day the "meat boat" came in, so they could get ready to bar-hop.

Unfortunately, men are the same all over,some worse than others.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
I think you hit the nail pretty much on the head with your comments and granted we are looking at this from a message board type of view (if it is even true) but it looks like the same song-second verse. This is a classic "Kindergarten/Sunday School Teacher Vacation" in that a meek, sweet angelic, soft spoken and not a skeleton in her closet female came down on vacation, let her hair down, ate, drank and 'had a good time' all over the island but is now back from vacation and they wish they were back on the island. I don't fault her but I hope she is coming to her senses that he probably is married, has his own family, is working the next female right now and hopefully practiced safe sex.

JMHO

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by carbunkletrumpet
hopefully practiced safe sex.

According to her they did not have sex and he was a respectable gentleman.

its all about $$$$$.

G
G
<Falsetto> Ohh, Westside, you are so romantical...

Nice ring to it!

Rykat, you okay?

I couldn't agree more with everyone's assessment of Mrs. T's crisis. This gal says she is Belizean, so she probably doesn't fit the description of what I am about to say, but I have it on good authority that there are single 30-something North American ladies who take warm island vacations with the prime intention of having a little action with the local men, free from prying eyes back home. I'm not defending the land sharks, but people don't usually advertise that they are just looking for a good time. Maybe it's more intriguing to play the game, knowing there is always a risk of getting caught up in the emotions. After all, they are consenting adults. blush

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.