Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
How do mosquitoes survive in the carbon monoxide and exhaust fume poison that is San Pedro's air?

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by skippy
How do mosquitoes survive in the carbon monoxide and exhaust fume poison that is San Pedro's air?

Cute!

Originally Posted by skippy

When I first read this I thought you were complaining about the carbon dioxide. Not sure where that came from.

laugh laugh laugh laugh

P
P
I thought that was just hot air?

I wonder which is worse - malathion poisoning or dengue fever? Just a rhetorical question....at least we know what dengue is, how to prevent, how to treat...granted it sucks & can be fatal sometimes. I'll be bringing/taking my homeopathics next week for sure.

Barbara K - I have had dengue fever and it was miserable, painful, scary and unforgettable. I watched my 6 year old with the fever, the rash and her eyes rolling in the back of her head and I thought she was going to die.

I can tell you that the dengue fever is awful and it is a killer.

You would pretty much need to drink malathion in vast quantities to be poisoned by it.

We live here and dengue and malaria are endemic to the area - we will use the approved poisons to control the mosquitoes so that we can protect the public health to the best of our abilities.

You have a choice - you don't have to come and visit - but for those of us that live here the malathion is a partial solution.

If my daughter and I contract dengue again the chances are very high, if not certain, that we will contract dhf this time around. Which is lethal.

Stating that dengue sucks is a vast understatement.

Malathion is approved for spraying mosquitoes here and in the US.

P
P
Never had dengue but I can speak from first hand about malaria. Believe me - you don't want that either.

Just because malation is "approved" does not mean it is not a poison, and we really do not know how much it takes to be poisoned by it (it is a known carcinogenic). I know you have had dengue (didn't know your daughter had). If I was you, as a potential dengue second timer, and as a mother, I would be doing all the preventative things I could, including trying the homeopathy. It can't hurt, can only help - you don't have to "believe" in it, you only have to take it! I would be happy to bring you the above remedies for you to try (if Dr Tina does not have them in her kit, which she probably does). I will be on the island next Sunday, or could send them over by Tropic when I arrive in coutry on Tuesday (28th). Email or PM me if you would like. Trying to help here not be antagonistic. Homeopathy can be miraculous - I have seen it in action. And since there is a clinic on the island which has a homeopathic practice, remedies and trained practioners, seems like a reasonable alternative to try when the stakes are so high.

Last edited by Barbara K; 07/24/09 11:15 AM.
Good homeopathic remedies for malaria too! ;-) Do a search here, I have been over it ad nauseam....

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 354 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.