Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KC Offline OP
OP Offline
UPDATE: All fishing gear has been sold. Thanks, KC
--------------

I got the fishing gear in the divorce. Don't want it. Don't know what to do with it. Someone please buy it.

1 fly pole and reel. Pole is custom made. Reel is Ross Cimarron 4 (I guess that means 4 oz?) Like new.

2 saltwater spinning rods and reels. Rods are custom made. Reels are Shimano Bait Runner 6500, with reverse handle.

Then I have a whole bunch of the little fuzzy things with hooks. smile I think they're called flies and lures. I have close to 75 of them, I think. Some big, some little. I looked at most of the hooks, and they're not rusted.

And other misc. fishing thingies.

Since I am fishing-illiterate I don't know how much to sell them for, but I'm working on it. I can find the reels on-line and have an idea about them, but the rods are custom, so no clue. I remember I was shocked when accompanying my ex to the fishing store and those little fuzzy things cost more than a pair of my earrings. I might take them home and re-make them as earrings if I can't get much for them. They're kind of cute.

If anyone is interested in looking at any of this stuff you can try and call me at 226-4282. I'll be on the island for 2 more weeks, leaving Aug 20.

Kathy

Last edited by KC; 08/07/09 02:39 PM. Reason: items sold
K
K
The fly reel is a bonefish size-line 7wt-9wt. Good quality. Sells new for $250usd. Used market on similar stuff is about 60%. The rod should have some marking that identifies the blank used by the builder. Maybe something like "908"(9foot for 8wt line). Also would be unusual to not have a manufacturer(of the blank)name on it. If it really has no markings of any kind I doubt it's worth $75-$100, unless someone tries it and seriously likes it. Given the quality of the reel, I'd hope it had a decent rod. With the flies a/k/a "fuzzy things", find a local flyfishing guides. Many don't tie their own, there's little available locally, and they rely on friends or the fishers they guide for flies. If the ties/patterns are reasonable, and the hooks of decent quality, you might get $5-$8USD per dozen.

Last edited by krehfish; 08/10/09 08:37 AM. Reason: spelling

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.