Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#347430 08/06/09 08:17 PM
azbob Offline OP
OP Offline
I was very surprised today to have an email from Tammy Peterson, the owner of the Hummingbird Café. Although she is not on the Board, Cindy from CHANGES IN LATITUDES sent my trip report to her. Here is a portion of Tammy's email:

"The next time you are in town please come in and introduce yourself to me. I would love to meet you. I also would like you to have lunch on me at the cafe. I am sorry that things were not exactly as you expected. I have been trying very hard to make the Hummingbird Cafe a very special place to come. I am not sure what happened but on your next visit I promise that your service and menu will be as you expected."

I wished all business owners showed Tammy's concern for their customers. That is so very special Tammy and you have my support and recommendation. Of course we will be back! You have made us a regular customer and I know you will be a Hugh success. Now that's the way to run a business!

Belize continues to amaze me! The people are wonderful!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
I too had a minor issue with Hummingbird Cafe - but one word to Tammy and she made it right immediately and has been very attentive to the needs of her customers. Kudos Tammy.

i checked out the hummingbird cafe back in nov....tammy is a lovely lady...
she hadn't been open that long....i decided to check out her place for lunch, after i had found out that she has been taking care of some of my older bc's friends, that can't cook their own meals, by delivering them meals, that weren't even on the menu..
special order for their dietary needs....i have alot of respect for tammy...had a killer chicken sandwich there....hopefully the gial running the bar puts ice in a rum and coke now!!!! LOL! hope things continue to go well for tammy...kerry

I have always unintentionally avoided hummingbird cafe. Every time I happened to walk past, they were closed and they are in a odd enough location that I never thought about it for the meals when they were open. It looks like a very quaint place and I'll certainly make it a point to try it when I'm there in October.

Tammy has done a great job with Hummingbird and Pages Bookshop. It is hard to start off a new business and I give her a ton of credit for asking people what they think and doing her best to get things right. I've had some really great meals at Hummingbird and think it is a fantastic little place. She's got a great team cooking there and it just gets better. I'm not surprised in the slightest by her response to AZBob.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

have they gotten any hummingbird photos on their walls yet?

She's got a few, but I'm sure she would appreciate some of those awesome ones you have!!!

Change your Latitude
i gave her permission and she was going to work on it?

AH ok will ask her about it.....there are some up..,not sure if they are yours or not.

Change your Latitude
C
C
we met Tammy and she seems like a hard-working lady who really cares about her business and goood customer service!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.