B
B
Can you keep the digicell #?

OP Offline
No that's one of the main drawbacks to switching

Change your Latitude
T
T
B.T.L. told me you keep # for life. You don't have to keep credit on phone either.He did suggest that someone just call the cell to make sure it is still working.Customer service were very nice and helpful. They did mention that in certain spots the phone may not have reception much like the states,they will continue to upgrade service as time goes on.

S
S
You do keep your Digicell number but only if you're on a post paid plan. If you're on pre-paid you're out of luck (most of the time, I know of some who have had their number returned.)

I can tell you that while I'm in the TMM office there is no service at all. This was not the case several weeks ago. The only thing I can think of is that the Raeliens have placed a transmitter in the new Tropic building which is blocking the signal.

Damn Raeliens.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
I was at Costa Maya today and full signal (5 bars) on my Digicel phone - which is ~7mi north. I live less than a mile from the tower to the south and I cannot get any service in my wood house. The only service I get from the south is within direct vision of the tower - totally unobstructed. Seems that this problem is only affecting reception south of the tower - on a particular antenna.

C
C
I live 2 miles north of Costa Maya and frequently have no service on my Digicell phone. Until about February we had decent Digicell service but since that time is it very sporadic. My Smart phone has service all of the time and the signal is strong even in remote parts of a concrete house.

P
P
I don't know whether the Digicell network has simply become outdated because of rampant new development and building, or whether there are electronic faults that simply aren't being addressed. I suspect it's some of each. Until the new Harmouche building near Pedro's was erected I had good Digicell reception throughout my house. Now I have sketchy cover if any at all. So it's down to the new concrete building? Well, possibly not, as standing in the street alongside the building, and hence not shielded by it, I still only have patchy coverage whereas it used to be "perfect".

Either way, there is clearly a major problem that BTL seem to be doing nothing to sort out. Maybe they've decided that with the competition of Smart the mobile phone business is no longer an attractive business, and they're letting it die through attrition and natural wastage?

G
G
What system does SMART use? GSM or CDMA? It is GSM if you need a SIM card.

I've had BTL cancel my prepaid service when I in the US and they've also haven't cancelled it. When they did cancel it, I was able to get the same number back. It is always interesting to see what number I get when I'm in SP.

Might try SMART next time....

GBZ39 #347999 08/12/09 09:01 AM
T
T
This is great feedback! I will print and fax to B.T.L. management and see what they have to say. They are getting better these days,lets see what happens.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.