Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34820 02/14/01 05:13 PM
J
jen436 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I used this board so much when I was planning my first trip that I thought it would be fair to post my trip report. My boyfriend and I stayed for 8 days and had a WONDERFUL time...It was exactly what I was looking for. We didn't do many planned activities but did do some.

Lodging: We stayed at Coral Bay-about a 15 minute walk south of town-and would highly recommend it. It doesn't have a pool though but the beach is pretty nice there so you don't really need one! They are one bdrm condos with a full sized kitchen and living room with a private veranda...I thought they were moderately priced also for what we got. They also have bikes for you for free during the day!

Food: I don't think we had a bad meal the whole time we were there. To name a few...Los Cocos was by far the best bargain...I had snapper with stewed beans and white rice for only $3.50 US!!! We ate a lot when we were on the go at the taco stand on Middle St called Warugama...Neither of these places are fancy but the food is really tasty! Ambergris Delight had good food and pizza but service can be slow if they are busy. The Reef is great food w/great prices! I had 3 lobster tails with sides for $17 US. La Popular has great pastries but I didn't like the cakes very much. Mickey's has a huge burrito for $5 during Wed. lunch...Jamber Jerk Pit was awesome also with great service! We never made it to the north side of the island to my disappoint to try anything there...It rained the day I planned to go [Linked Image]

Tours: We did Lamanai with Daniel at Tanisha...He is wonderful!!! He takes his time to point out the different plants and animals on the way there and knows the name of everything!!! It's a long day but very much worth it. We also did the all day snorkel trip to Caye Caulker on the Me Too catamaran with Hustler. You can book this thru Tanisha also...We did Shark Ray and Hol Chan on this trip and loved it....It was pretty scary to get in the water with the sharks at first but was quite an experience! The guys at Hustler are great. We went parasailing with Barefoot and that was incredible as well! It was very relaxing up there!!!!

Other than that we just relaxed and enjoyed our time. I will definitely come back to Belize to visit some different areas, but our whole experience was nothing less than a ten...Everybody was so friendly and helpful and our experience there was just what we were looking for! It was hard to get back on the plane and come back to Houston...

#34821 02/14/01 05:30 PM
G
G
thanks for sharing! This will be my first trip and by reading everyone's questions, advice and stories, it really helps!

#34822 02/14/01 06:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
sounds great. thanks for sharing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (dabunk), 276 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.