I wonder if I could have a local attorney near where I am in the U.S. handle this?
He could hold the land certificate and give the lender a power of attorney to take the land away from me if I do not pay the lender back after a certain period of time?
What do you think? I am not going to rely on your advice but look at what you say and then do my final decision after getting legal counsel of course. Just need some feedback.
If you had some US assets to back the deal, then you could have a US attorney work up a deal. But since US attorney's are unfamiliar with Belize law and processes, the cost of having him draw up the correct paperwork would be very high and then still not be legal in Belize.