Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#349484 08/27/09 02:06 AM
OP Offline
I know you have to get your passport stamped once a month but how many months can you stay in the country before having to leave and how long do you have to stay gone? My daughter wasnt to comoe home with me next month and we need to get this right before she buys her ticket.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
We had to have it stamped for six months and then told we needed a work permit, but that was a long time ago

Inplub #349504 08/27/09 09:45 AM
S
S
I also need to find out if US citizens can get their new passports done at the Embassy and what the process is (time line, etc). My passport expires early 2010....

Yes you can renew your passport at the US Embassy in Belmopan. Call and ask for the up-to-date process. I think it takes a week.

Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
I know you have to get your passport stamped once a month but how many months can you stay in the country before having to leave and how long do you have to stay gone? My daughter wasnt to comoe home with me next month and we need to get this right before she buys her ticket.

You can easily have it stamped each month for 6 months. Then it depends on the immigration officer's discretion. Then you can go to Chetumal, Xcalak or Melchor over-night and then come back and start over again for another 6 months.

Apply for permanent residency as soon as the immigration officer suggests you qualify. Even if you decided not to work here or stay here once you have residency those are options that you can utilize in the future.

N
N
I just took my US Passport to the American Embassy in Belmopan on Monday the 17th of August and the Embassy e-mailed me to let me know I could pick it up on the 24th of August,
There hours are currently
Mon-Thur 8-11 and 1-4
Fri 8-11
It costs $75.00 USD or $150.00 BZE
Phone # 501-822-4011

Last edited by Nitrox; 08/27/09 10:56 AM.

Vista del Mar
Nitrox #349525 08/27/09 11:14 AM
S
S
And I was able to authorize a messenger to pick it up and send to me...avoiding a second trip to the embassy.

B
B
and just in case you didnt know, immigration customs etc will be moving to the building across from Tropic by scotia bank as of sept 1st.

San Pedro Sun dated August 27th, 2009 on page 16 has a press release from the US embassy regarding passport renewals - consular reports, notary public services etc.

In an effort to better serve our customers the US Embassy's American Citizens services Unit will begin scheduling individual appointments for consular services during two days of each week as of Tuesday, September 1st, 2009.

Appointments will be available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays during normal business hours. Thursdays will be reserved for off-site business and the Unit will be closed to other than emergency walk-in services.

The following services may be scheduled by online appointment:

*Passports: First Time applications, Renewals and Additional Visa pages.

*Consular Reports of Birth Abroad.

*Notary Public and other Legal Services
Monday (8:00 - 11:00am and 1:00 to 4pm) and Friday mornings (8:00am to 10:30am) will remain available for walk-in services for those customers unable to make an online appointment or for federal benefits inquiries.
Non-emergencies: [email protected]

For emergencies involving the death, incarceration, or hospitalization of American citizens during normal business hours please contact the U.S. Embassy in Belmopan at 822-4011 and press "0" for the Operator. After 5:00pm an embassy duty officer may be reached at 610-5030.

To make an appointment, customers will need to logon to our website at: http://belize.usembassy.gov/ and follow the links provided.

The US Embassy is located in Belmopan on Floral Park Road and the general number is 822-4011

M
M
ScubaLdy,

When I was going through that process, you could keep getting the tourist stamps every 30 days for a maximum of one year. After that, I got another 3 or 4 stamps with no questions asked. Then, the officer said that before I get the next stamp, I should leave the country, and come back. When I said that I was applying for permanent residence, no problem, I kept getting the monthly stamps even though I hadn't actually submitted any paperwork for PR.

You should confirm this, and how long you have to stay outside Belize, when you get your next stamp. Or, just keep going in for a new stamp, and wait until somebody tells you that you have to go.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.