September Celebrations Committee
September 10th Float Competition
The St George's Caye Day Society invites individuals, businesses, and organizations to enter a float in this year's 10th September parade. Floats will be judged based on the following criteria:
* Incorporation of the history of the Battle of St. George’s Caye or theme for the September celebrations
* DurabilityRules and Regulations
* Competing floats must be in place at the Memorial Park by 8:00am, Thursday, September 10th 2009.
* Float judging will begin at 8:15 sharp. There will also be two other judging during the parade.
* There must be a least one person with the float at the start of the judging. If no one is with the float at the initial judging, the float will be disqualified and not judged.
* Floats may be (a) built on or around a flat bed towed by a motor vehicle; (b) decorated motor vehicles; (c) decorated bicycles; (d)decorated bicycle carts.
* All floats must have hand holds for all people who are standing on the float, secure/safe seating is required for all others riding upon the float.
* Confirmation of entries must be done no later than Saturday September 5th 2009. No late entries will be accepted.Prizes
* Businesses and Organizations
1 st Place - $2000 and a Plaque
2 nd Place - $1500 and a Plaque
3 rd Place - $1000 and a Plaque
* Individual entries
1 st Place - $1500
2 nd Place - $1000
3 rd Place - $500Contact:
St. George’s Caye Day Society
P.O. Box 2566
or call 624-2080/227-4009