Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
kdskis2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Just curious as to whether it is walkable?
Thanks!

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!
P
P
It's walkable, but it's a hike! I'd guess maybe 20 minutes to Central Park, without much hanging around.

If you are asking because of shops there are grocery stores/bakery much closer than the centre of town, and there are bars/restaurants north of Reef Village that are also closer to walk to.

I walked from the Sub shop to Gran Caribe (well past Reef Village) and back on my last trip. Took me about 3 or 4 hours, but that was with stops at Reef Village Bar (on the way up) and Palapa Bar (on the way back). If I had to guess, I walked from downtown to Reef Village in about 15 minutes or so.

Originally Posted by HOT_Card
If you are asking because of shops there are grocery stores/bakery much closer than the centre of town, and there are bars/restaurants north of Reef Village that are also closer to walk to.

The bakery is about halfway. yummy.

Going from Reef Village and across the bridge to the edge of town is about two or three minutes. To the center of town...about 15 or so, depending on how fast you like to walk. We've done it several times. We love the exercise too.

H
H
The bar at the Tides is a quiet interlude and a great view too!

I agree with the comment about the bakery. Yummy!

You can walk right across the bridge and pick up some fresh fruit from one of the fruit stands, and walk a little further toward town and get a half a loaf of cinnamon bread and toast it up back in your condo. Add some fresh-squeezed juice and you have a delicious breakfast! I am craving it right now...

Anything is walkable. I wouldn't want to party up in town and have to walk it. Of course, if you were over-served at one of the many great places, you could get a taxi to the bridge and walk from there. Maybe 5 minutes from bridge. If you are going to have lots of back and forth, as well as, buying your own groceries I would want a cart or stay closer to town.
In Aug. we stayed between "downtown" and the bridge. It was great. Close enough to walk in for breakfast before diving or to do a bar crawl South and back.
Walking is great, but let's face it, it's vacation and no one wants to be hauling stuff around or spending more time walking to places than enjoying the views and the relaxation. JMHO

Play, Love, Share and Enjoy - it doesn't last forever make sure you get the most out of it.
but the real question remains:

Why? uck, why reef village?!?!?

(ducking)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 150 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.