Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Originally Posted by Moose in Belize
There must be a technique that I haven't learned yet, nor do I want to.

I negotiated a great rate at Mayan Princess when I decided to move from The Conch Shell on my last visit. I already had a room and was going to lose out on the prepay. They gave me a great rate.

All other deals I've negotiated was over the phone.

That makes sense DS, at least you had a place when you arrived in SP and decided to move when you weren't happy at Conch Shell.

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
It is slow season right now. I'm sure Geraldo would take just you and your wife out.

When we go to San Pedro, I usually walk the beach and ask around at the boats on the piers. I have always gone with just the 2 of us and spent roughly $200.00 US a day for a full day of fishing/snorkling with the Beach BBQ.

Mark Spencer
P
paupar Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Also, do you guys tip the tourguides? I'm assuming tipping is standard at restaurants as well, correct?

M
M
pauper,
Yes, I always tip the tour guides and have found the service has always deserved it. mspencer has a point about walking around and asking at the piers but I would suggest walking along the lagoon side. You get to see a little more of San Pedro and I have found some very good deals for fishing trips there.

P
P
This can potentially lead to problems as anyone with a boat might decide to take you. Ensure your Guide is an Official Tour Guide by asking to see their license. These guys do a lot of work and pay a fair bit of money to complete a three month course and it ensures you get a knowledgeable captain that is licensed, insured, has the required safety equipment on his boat and you are much more likely to have a great trip. If a price is too good to be true it's just that!

Phil you are so right .get a local capatin with a license.do not use any guy off the street .watch out for a pick up guy with junk tackel and a small boat .In my humble opion $200 for a full day is not a real deal licensed guide who know his stuff ..$300 is the going price for a old time capt with a wide two eng boat and first aid kit and good tackel ..and thats a steal when you look at $$ us prices they are two to three times more .cheap things are not good good things are not cheap .i fish here a lot and always use a local guide with a safe boat who knows the waters ..You will have a great day enjoy .

Living The Dream Every Day!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.