Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#34992 02/18/01 07:22 PM
Axeman Offline OP
OP Offline
Planning a Trip to AC sometime between March and April. At least 7 days depending on how the cash runs.
Checked out the Conch Shell...any comments..
I'm a Single guy (41) mostly there to dive and check out the wildlife (both In the Bars and the Jungle)
Plan on diveing Blue Hole without question.
When coming from US, where do flights land?
Do I need to get a connecting flight to AC? Who do I talk to about getting the Hop?
You all seem really fun and I can't wait to hear from you all, and meet ya's!
Hope to hear from someone who knows...
PS: Where's the best place to meet a future Wife? hehe
Mark

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
C
C
Hi Mark,

I'm in a similar situation and posted yesterday ("Solo Traveller").

There's a post further down the list "help on places to stay" (Lan Sluder's post) - where he listed quite a few places along with ratings. I've been using that as a guideline while poking around.

I've been using travelocity.com looking at airfares (thru Miami). The prices aren't too bad.

I gotta get outta this northern weather! Winter's much too long!

Have fun checking things out and let me know if you find anything exciting and I don't mean a wife either!

Carole

K
K
Hi,
The flights from the states land north of Belize City at the International Airport. You do need a transfer out to Ambergris. I don't have the contact number for Island Air, but Tropic Air is [email protected] Talk with Courtney, you can send her a check direct and she will email you the ticket. If you have any problem, email me at [email protected]

Karen Pasquariello
Axeman Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks to both of ya...was only kidding bout the wife thing...
looks like Conch Shell Inn for me...very cheap...plan on Max Diveing...
Trying to leave dates open so I can get the best flight price...
Let me know when your going..my eyes hurt from looking at all the cool pictures all day...
Mark

C
C
With Karen's assistance I've got myself narrowed down to Coconuts or Sun Breeze sometime in late-April to mid-May. All depends on when the rates change.

Now to find an airfare...

R
R
Just a little fyi. I have been to Belize four times for a week and a half each time, and will be returning there on March 23. You can either fly out of Miami or Houston. I just purchased my flight ticket to belize last week and got a deal at 766. I have flown both Continental and American. This time I am with American because Continental was $1400. Once you arive in Belize City, you can either take a small plane via Tropic Air or Maya? but I suggest Tropic Air. The rates are around 160 dollars. You can also get to Ambergirs Caye by boat but I am unsure of the cost and I know it takes 2-3 times as long as flying. I stay at the Belizean Reef which is probably the nicest places, but no pool. We are friends with Ramon at Ramon's village so he lets us swim in there pool. Ramon's is the one stop shopping place. They have many rooms, pool, fishing trips, scuba trips, and snorkeling trips that depart daily. It is a little pricey though.Check cheaptickets.com for great flight costs.

R
R
Carole-The Sunbreeze is a nice place to stay.There is an excellent Italian restaurant there, nice pool, small bar.They have a lot of rroms I remember.
Things might have changed since last year when I went because the island was wiped out two years in a row. Email [email protected] preferrably or [email protected]

C
C
thanks rohrig - It's a tough choice and will probably boil down to rates.

Axeman Offline OP
OP Offline
Carole...
I looked into Changes in lattitudes..They sent a long reply letter, the rooms look nice and not too pricey. Since this is my first time I'm trying to do recon this time so next time I'll be informed. Since my main reason for going is to dive I'm not that caught up in Luxury sleeping. One of the other points "Changes" had going for it as they will store my gear while I do the overnight dives and not charge me for the room. NOW THATS SERVICE!!!!! They also have a frig in the common area. Oh and a stove too..but who EVER cooks on a trip..
Be sure to look at the last 75 days worth of posts...I asked a ton of questions here that we're answered already.
KUDO's to all you patient folks who answer the same questions over and over!
Still no comments on the Conch Shell Inn...any one know about it?
Mark
ps...I put my gear on last night...in the house...my roommates think I've gone over the edge.

M
M
There is a big, ugly three-story hotel under construction RIGHT next door to Conch Shell which would turn me off. (sorry, Conch Shell owners). That whole area is kinda busy, too, with Cholo's (bar) next door and one of the water taxi piers right out front. Personally, I don't mind it being busy, but I'd be bummed out if I didn't know it before I got there. Check out Coconuts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 147 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.