Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#350155 09/03/09 10:02 AM
P
paupar Offline OP
OP Offline
P
So my flight arrives at 4:45 and I realized the last water taxi to caulker is at 5:30. I'm assuming with all the customs and unloading I won't be able to make it. SO....

Anybody have any suggestions on where to go? Should I stay in the city or should I try to make it out on the mainland shores. My girlfriend and I would like to see beaches.

Any recommendations? Are there buses that go out to the smaller "less traveled" tourist areas that late? Am I going to have to spend 60 bucks on a cab or should I just rent a car?

Thanks,

Paul

There is a 5:40 p.m. Maya Island flight (US$63 one-way, with possible cash discounts) from the international airport to Caye Caulker. You should be able to make that. The same flight continues on to San Pedro (either destination is the same price).

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "mainland shores." There really aren't any beaches around Belize City. Well, there is a manmade beach at Old Belize, on the Western Highway, mainly for cruise daytrippers. You can go to the harbourfront or elsewhere and see the water, but the swimming isn't appealing.

You'd have to drive to someplace like Hopkins for a decent beach, and that's a 2 1/2 hour+ trip by car, probably not a good idea to drive it after dark on a first visit to Belize.

Belize City itself isn't a very good introduction to Belize. Most people would advise you head on out to Ambergris or Caulker.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
I think you'll make the last flight to the cayes. Book your flight in advance so they know you are coming. They often hold the flights till everyone booked is on board. Go for it!

Last edited by Barbara K; 09/04/09 02:29 PM.
P
paupar Offline OP
OP Offline
P
How full are the 530 flights? Do you think that Monday will be crowded (Memorial Day weekend)? I'm trying to stay on a budget and try to get the cash discount, then again, if it's something that gets booked fast, I don't want to be stranded in Belize City.

Any recommendations? Will I be out of luck if I decide to just go up to the counter to pay cash?

Last edited by paupar; 09/05/09 08:22 AM.
If you mean U.S. Memorial Day next year (May 31, 2010) that's too far in the future to be able to predict what may be happening in Belize, but generally the end of May is not a busy time in Belize.

--Lan Sluder

P
paupar Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Lan Sluder/Belize First
If you mean U.S. Memorial Day next year (May 31, 2010) that's too far in the future to be able to predict what may be happening in Belize, but generally the end of May is not a busy time in Belize.

--Lan Sluder

Whoops, I meant Labor Day (this Monday)... LOL

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.