Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
FrankAE Offline OP
OP Offline
Professional driver (Canadian) with Commercial Driver's License and 25 years safe driving experience available to transport your vehicle and/or goods from Canada/USA/Mexico to Belize. No visas required, reasonable rates. Experienced with all borders and customs agencies and procedures. Reasonable rates. Save yourself the hassle and headaches. Please contact to discuss your specific needs and let me offer you a custom and flexible service to get your vehicle and contents safely to Belize.

In many case it is more cost effective to purchase an inexpensive vehicle in the US and have this driven down with your contents rather than using a shipping service. Custom packages available and convoy services also possible.

Frank

[email protected]

So . . Frank, do I send you the money and have you buy the cheap car for me too?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

FrankAE Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello Seashell,

Thank you for the opportunity to clarify. My intent in mentioning the cheap vehicle as an option to assist those folks who are already down here and are wanting to bring down more of their belongings or perhaps have some larger items transported. There are also folks who want to drive their personal vehicle down but can't fit all of their belongings in it and would prefer not to purchase and haul a trailer. Sometimes the savings replacing items in Belize makes this a cost effective option.

Normally the client would make the arrangements for the vehicle on their own. This can be done on line using the classified ads or "buy & sell" in the local of your goods. Better yet, have a friend in the area find a vehicle on your behalf. This way your friend can look into the mechanical soundness of the vehicle in person. I have however transported school busses from as far away as Maryland and New Jersey that where bought sight unseen on ebay and had no major problems on the trip. If you have no human resources up North, we can assist you in finding a suitable vehicle. If you go the sight unseen route, you can stipulate a mechanic's report from the agency of your choice as a condition of the sale. The seller then can fax or email you the report. Typically you would pay for the report if the sale goes forward and the seller would cover the cost if the report was bad or indicative of misrepresenting the condition of the vehicle. Our policy is that upon arrival I do a thorough inspection of the vehicle and change fluids, filters and tires where necessary, grease the drive line and running gear and report my findings back to the owner before leaving for Belize. This is work I do myself at no additional cost to the client.

In many cases a vehicle (small diesel) can be sold here in Belize at enough of a profit to make up the expense of the whole trip. Depending on the amount and type of cargo you want transported, there are other ways to save money on the trip; insurance, border fees, etc. There can be a lot for you to consider when planning an endever of this nature and we would be glad to assist you in any way we can regardles of whether you use our services or not.

Please feel free to contact by phone (628-8130) or email ([email protected]) should you have other questions. Thank you for your inquiry.

I met Frank at IAH not too long ago........I'd buy a used car from him wink

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
FrankAE Offline OP
OP Offline
Well although I appreciate the reference very much, I don't think I've crossed paths with klcman.

Thanks,
Frank

Lucky man!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
A
A
We moved to Belize a few years ago , and brought 4 suitcases with us , we purchased everything in Belize , had no hassles with shipping customs , etc , most north american stuff is not suitable for belize climate anyway and now everything is available in belize and usually at a better price than north america, new country new stuff
give the belizeans the business
have a great day

S
S
Where are you shopping? Belize City? The prices are probably close when you figure in the duty, however, it can be challenging to find certain items.

FrankAE Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm glad you said it SnoopysMom!
For one, there is no duty on used (de-packaged) household goods only GST. This makes items like quality bedding 50 to 70% cheaper to import. Another good example are generators, fully double the price in Belize. Hand tools of quality are scarce and expensive here and again no duty only GST. And the list goes on and on. Other things like your personal items from home (Clothes, photos, art work) can not be replaced. Also, don't forget that the importation process does in fact support Belize as GST and duty are paid and officials are employed to administer the process.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.