Belize Bird Rescue
Donating a Bird
* Do you have a bird you can no longer handle?
* It may be that your bird has turned vicious, it's sick or noisy or too expensive to feed.
* Maybe the cage is broken, or you need to go away and the bird will be left alone.
* Maybe you are worried that you have an illegal bird without a permit.
* There are any number of reasons why you can no longer keep the parrot, parakeet, macaw, toucan, owl, raptor that you have.
Here's what you do:
* Pick up the phone and call us: 602 4291 / 822 1145 / 610 0400. Call collect if you need to.
* We will arrange to collect the bird from your home, or meet you somewhere to hand it over if you'd rather.
* We will not give you money for your bird. It is illegal to trade wildlife.
* We will sign a form to say we have taken the bird, and will inform Forestry that we have it. You may remain anonymous if you prefer.
* As part of our "Born to be Wild in Belize" campaign, you will receive a free T-shirt in recognition of your contribution to our programme.
* If you wish, we will send you updates on the progress of you bird. You can also track it's progress on this website.
* If you would like to know what will happen to your bird, visit our Rehabilitation page
* Finally - congratulate yourself for doing the right thing for your bird!
* Belize Bird Rescue