Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#353965 10/07/09 07:55 PM
K
OP Offline
K
I've really enjoyed reading your forum and am looking for some advice.My husband, me and 2 friends are visiting AC for the first time in March and have no idea where to stay. We are in our late 30's/early 40's and would like to stay within walking distance of fun bars and great restaurants. We're not looking for luxury, a pool would be nice but is not a must. When we stayed in Costa Rica and Panama we stayed in small resorts with a pool or in a small non air conditioned basic house on the beach. What's most important to use is meeting great people and having great scenery. Your advice would be much appreciated!

Last edited by KellyfromMN; 10/07/09 07:55 PM.
P
P
Lots of good places. Have a look at Caribbean Villas.

Don't forget to click on the "lodging" link at the top of this page.

Everybody has a personal favourite. Start here //www.ambergriscaye.com/pages/lodge/lodging.html to see what is available. It depends on your budget, whether you want a condo or more typical hotel rooms, etc. My only suggestion would be to get a place on the beach, in town or south of town. Avoid anything that says north of the bridge or north of the cut. A 2 bedroom condo at Royal Palm Villas might suit your needs. //www.ambergriscaye.com/m-m/royalpalmvillas.html

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
We have stayed both north and south of town. We found north of town but before the cut the best for walking into town with great bars along the way. Shady walk, great views and any little side street leads to food vendors and stores. Do a little research on this site and you will get ample info. Our first trip down in 2008 was so much better because of post people made on this board.

Play, Love, Share and Enjoy - it doesn't last forever make sure you get the most out of it.
2Aggies #354011 10/08/09 08:21 AM
G
G
As Moose said everyone has their favorites...Search the Lodging pages, pick a few. Then do a forum search in the serch box and see what kind of info pops up, or even post your picks here for feedback.
My 2 cents; Paradise Villas is a nice oasis, yet close to everything. Blue Tang is also good

Happy hunting

Last edited by Gridguy; 10/08/09 08:23 AM. Reason: Clarifying
Gridguy #354021 10/08/09 09:09 AM
Belizean Reef condos are great - very close to town, bars, restraunts, right on the beach and great! We have stayed there twice and love it!-No pool
http://www.belizeanreef.com/

The Palms are right next door and I've heard good things and they have a small pool:
http://www.belizepalms.com/

For great night life and restraunts you will want to stay South of the cut, but there are beautiful places up North with more privacy. Town is a water taxi ride away.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
azbob #354529 10/13/09 07:41 PM
According to your wish list; close to fun bars and restaurants and a pool, Paradise Villas or Belizean Reef or The Palms. These three are an very short and easy walk down the beach to all the action.

Check the maps on this website. Some places are too far from town to be a comfortable multiple daily walk to town, although they are still good places.

tcoats #354542 10/14/09 12:50 AM
T
T
Casa Caracol!!

Your Complete Property Management Service
Service is FREE for renters!
www.ThreePalmsProperties.net

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.