Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Just wondering - there are a lot of options and I wanted to know what are the "must haves" when staying on AC. We are planning to go at the end of Nov. Do we HAVE to have Air conditioning, a pool at our hotel, a kitchen to cut down on costs, or anything else that's a MUST have that I'm missing???

Thanks!!

No.
No.
Only if you want to cut costs. The best thing about that is a refrigerator. However, many places have small fridges in the rooms or have them available for a small fee. Sure is nice to make yourself a pot of 100 mile coffee first thing, and then sit on the veranda and watch the day in SP begin. (If the coffee is a bit on the strong side I've been told a little Baileys helps. Nice color, too)

B
B
I agree with ChooChoo, unless...
You are the husband. Ask your wife, because rule #1 in Marraige 101 is, If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.:-}

Amen. That's exactly how my beloved SWMBO got to be SWMBO. You would certainly want to be democratic about this and give the Mrs. WHATEVER she wants, regardless.

Hate to even THINK about disagreeing with Choo-Choo, but I think A/C is a must for many people, especially from May to November, and as a practical matter on Ambergris Caye most places except the budget spots do have A/C, at least in the bedrooms. (This is not true all over Belize but it is on Ambergris.) A few places still carry on the Belize tradition of charging extra for A/C rooms.

And for my family a pool is another must, as the swimming off the shore in most places is at best fair to middlin' and in some places is quite unappealing due to seagrass and the muddy bottom (mud's not everywhere but it is off several of the best-known resorts). Besides, it's nice to have a pool to jump close to the room.

A kitchen is always great, or at least a fridge, and with all the condotels on the island that's easy to find. Even some of the places with just rooms offer fridges, though usually at extra cost.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
M
M
I am the SWMBO, the "Mary" in "Mary and Scott".(ChooChoo,I always get a kick out of you when I read it on the board cause Scott has called me that for years!)We were in AC last Sept and are coming back this fall.Bottom line is,it all depends on you and what you want out of your vacation. We don't snorkel,tour or dive, we just go to veg,eat,sun,swim and read.For us, it makes more sense to put more money into a place with a pool,air-conditioning( It have to be cool at night when I sleep or during the day if we cook), stove and fridge. We would go into town and get some great food from Celi's Deli,or Papi's Diner and take it back to the Seven Seas and chow down.However,the SS's was only air-conditioned in the bedroom, and when we cooked in the kitchen it did get uncomfortable.So, we are looking into Paradise Villas for our next stay this fall. Lots of people who dive,tour and snorkel would rather put their money into these interests rather than having the other extras.I would discuss between you what you want to do on your vacation,look over the lodging section of the board, and ask for input from the great folks on the AC board! Whatever you decide, you will have a wonderful time.

Mary and Scott

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.